PC boot issue

Mar 14, 2018
Hi I installed a new graphics card and now my PC won't boot up. I've tried to disable the secure boot option and still nothing.

Solution

We need a lot more specification on your hardware and the problem it self. But... but... but..
There could be a couple of issues to consider.
1: if your graphic card is brand new and you are merging it with an older motherboard there could become a compatibility issue in the bios version. And that all depends on the PCIE 16x version and if the bios is programmed to handle that specific PCIE 16x version (normally thats not a problem)
2: If you get a bios screen and it restarts or freezes/hangs it could be a harddrive problem (due to faulty drive e.g. bad sectors) or a windows...

theo.esk

Proper
Mar 14, 2018

We need a lot more specification on your hardware and the problem it self. But... but... but..
There could be a couple of issues to consider.
1: if your graphic card is brand new and you are merging it with an older motherboard there could become a compatibility issue in the bios version. And that all depends on the PCIE 16x version and if the bios is programmed to handle that specific PCIE 16x version (normally thats not a problem)
2: If you get a bios screen and it restarts or freezes/hangs it could be a harddrive problem (due to faulty drive e.g. bad sectors) or a windows boot mgr problem (reinstall windows is recomended).
3: If you get bios screen and it's none of the above symptoms and it displays windows loading logo and then freezes. that is a driver initialisation problem. (again reinstall windows is recomended)

Solution