Question PC Boot Issue

GabeTG

Honorable
Apr 1, 2016
So I just built this PC and all was well, until this morning. The PC and all turned on, but I had no display.

After turning off the PC then turning the PSU on and off, it worked again. I turned it off to go to college, get home, and same issue. I did the whole process of turning off and unplugging and holding the power button for a minute, and it works.

I also noticed after turning off and on the PSU, I get the whole double boot thing. I have an Asus Prime z390-A Board, and I was wondering if maybe I needed to update bios possibly? I would be happy to receive any guidance!

Thanks!

GabeTG

Honorable
Apr 1, 2016
Asus Prime z390 - A
RTX 2080 TI Evga FTW 3 Ultra
I7 - 8700K
1000 W Gold PSU G3 By Evga
16 GB (2 X 8GB) Trident Z 3200
860 Evo 500GB (Boot)
2 TB FireCuda SSHD

GabeTG

Honorable
Apr 1, 2016
Also, should mention, I can see everything is powered on, or at least appears that way, after I hit the power button. I just have to turn it off then turn the PSU off then on, then hit power again and it works.

GabeTG

Honorable
Apr 1, 2016
I JUST NOTICED, a white light was on right above the 24 Pin power cord to my Mobo. According to the manual, the 4 little lights there are: Boot, VGA, DRAM, & CPU. I can't say which it was as I didn't get a good look at it, but one of those was on when it wasn't before, and I just turned my PC off for about 20 minutes then turned it back on. It was green for a sec and now the light is off. I have no clue if that may have been indicating my issue, but I figured I would put that here for more information to help with!

GabeTG

Honorable
Apr 1, 2016
Ok so I have reseated the GPU and the white light went away for a while but now it is back. I am getting display right now, but I still can't figure out how to make the light go away unless I turn the PC off, power off the PSU and then power it back on, then turn the PC on. Any ideas?