Question PC boot issues

Rivvy123

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
Hello, I recently bought a new PC. It has a B450 I Aorus Pro WIFI motherboard on bios version F51 and a Ryzen 5 3600. When I turn the PC on my fans turn on and all the lights apart from the motherboard lights. I am able to get the PC to boot just fine when using my old Ryzen 5 1600x.

Any advice on how to fix this?

Lutfij

Titan
The minimum BIOS version needed by the motherboard is F40, in order for the Ryzen 5 3600 to work, you sure you're on version F51? That being said, please check on both the BIOS screen and then when going into OS GUI, using CPU-Z. What is the make and model of your:
Rams:
PSU:
? Include the age of the PSU as well.

SSD/HDD?

Disconnect the system from the wall, peripherals and display, remove the CMOS battery and then replace the battery after 30 minutes. Drop in the Ryzen 5 3600 and see if you get POST.

Reactions: xenthia

Rivvy123

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
The minimum BIOS version needed by the motherboard is F40, in order for the Ryzen 5 3600 to work, you sure you're on version F51? That being said, please check on both the BIOS screen and then when going into OS GUI, using CPU-Z. What is the make and model of your:
Rams:
PSU:
? Include the age of the PSU as well.

SSD/HDD?

Disconnect the system from the wall, peripherals and display, remove the CMOS battery and then replace the battery after 30 minutes. Drop in the Ryzen 5 3600 and see if you get POST.
2x8gb of Corsair Vengeance 3600 mhz
MSI A650GF

Got two SSDs, one 1tb and other 128gb.

Everything is brand new.

Tried clearing the CMOS with the jumper and also removed it and installed it again.