[SOLVED] Pc Boot Loop

paulius.kvasnickis

Prominent
Dec 20, 2018
Hello. I have a problem. Here's the story:

I just moved my pc into another room( I unplugged it and so on) Then When I started the pc there was reset, it said there was problems with windows. I pressed to fix or something like that and I selected Windows (Partition 2) And then pc restarted and ran into loop. It just turns on, shows Msi logo and turns into black screenz then after 3 seconds it show again Logo and so on. Then I tried to reinstall windows, i Installed windows 10 into Dvd disc and changed boot priority in bios. But it loops again. What could happen? T Please help :(

Solution
Thank you all for help. I have this pc like 2months and it's specs:

CPU: Intel Core i3 8100 3.6GHZ
MotherBoard: Msi B360M Gaming Plus.
Ram: Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz (2x4)
GPU: Msi Geforce GTX 1050ti 4gb mini.

Also I have a question. Will any bios battery work with my motherboard, or I should buy the correct one?

Also, No, even when I bootoverride it loops anyway.

any bios battery will work 100%, but the same pins it must be 2 pins or 3 pins atleast for any laptops, open your laptop with a screwdriver then u'll see the bios battery, but also if it's not there then u must remove some of the cables or some pieces to reach on the bottom of the motherboard to see (if you didn't see or found the bios...
Nov 16, 2018
let me get into into this.
follow the following steps hope they may fix your Issue.
  • Swap your RAM if there two Sticks use one stick at a time and see is it booting or not.
  • Try to boot Using another stick of RAM which you may borrow from your Friend.
  • After Doing the both of Above you may move to vitrification of HDD,to check it is working properly or not listen deeply to the sound of spinning platter and if you find any of around like which make a disturb Wave form it may possible there is some issue with Your HDD but it seems have less chances but you may try it in last after doing the both of above things.
If any of this worked and anyhow if you are unable to figure out the issue after doing all of the above things please tell me here.
And i will try to assist You Further.
Thanks!

Can you force boot override option within BIOS? Some boards have the option to go directly to selected boot option from within BIOS. What are current listed boot options in BIOS since nothing was formatted yet. With a proper OS install of 10, Windows Boot Manager should be first on the list. Otherwise, some boards require you to press a key on the keyboard during bootup process when trying to boot to disc. Screenshots and build specs could be helpful as well.

Mar 16, 2019
if it didn't get fixed, also if your desktop or laptop a bit old then u have to change the bios battery (mostly of the loops or any problems in any PCs (i still have an msi laptop also with a bootloop but i've figured it out from the bios battery because it doesn't clear it or it's dead, but the bios battery haven't reached to my country yet for me to change it, see more info on how to open your laptop or even how to replace the bios battery and make sure it's safe and easy atleast) buy a bios battery then change it, it could be directed or triggered on the bios battery because it might be not that powerful to open the laptop or the life time of itself has finished it's power, the best way to do is (if it's not fixed), buy a new bios battery (i highly recommend you to buy THE CS2032 - bios battery from any store that u have around your location or order it easily for e-bay or amazon, it's very very cheap but it may take a bit of time to reach), it's very powerful to loading the bios and it has a really good, if u have a laptop, but if u have a Desktop then buy a big battery for the bios, which it could be very easily fixed and replaced well with a screwdriver, my msi laptop is on the same way (bootloop)-(the only one reason is the bios corrupted) maybe but this could be mostly fixed because of the bad bios battery, try fixing it on the bios battery to make it work very well and better. Edit: i've aslo removed the HDD/SSD and the rams to test it if it's from the rams or any other important stuff on the motherboard, but it still not working then finally i had to check my bios battery to fix it, but before my msi goes to bootloop the next day for no literally reason, i've figured it out after doing all of these steps to finally get the answer of where the bios problem is coming from, also from more information i had from the forums and msi forums too and literally on a lot of google searches.

Last edited:

paulius.kvasnickis

Prominent
Dec 20, 2018

Also I have a question. Will any bios battery work with my motherboard, or I should buy the correct one?

Mar 16, 2019

any bios battery will work 100%, but the same pins it must be 2 pins or 3 pins atleast for any laptops, open your laptop with a screwdriver then u'll see the bios battery, but also if it's not there then u must remove some of the cables or some pieces to reach on the bottom of the motherboard to see (if you didn't see or found the bios battery at the top of the motherboard), and check your pins to make sure the bios battery that you'll buy it fits the same as the pins is size.

(IMPORTANT BIOS BATTERY FOR THE CAUSES IS FORUM)

Check out this forum for more important info, about the boot loops or shutting down on the start View: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/3wn2d8/discussion_just_a_reminder_that_a_dead_bios/

Last edited:
Solution