Question PC boot loops after enabling secure boot --- Can't POST ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timtim065

Reputable
Aug 29, 2019
boot looping after enabling secure boot

Boot loop after enabling secure boot in bios

Hello guys i have very generic pc with mobo gigabyte b250m d3h.I had secure boot enabled i guess because i was on windows 11 but after trying to start valorant it said its not enabled and it needs tpm 2.0.So i entered bios and enabled the following setting:"Attempt secure boot" and when i enabled it and saved the change my pc restarted and it still is in a constant boot loop without even posting(cant enter bios).
I have tried the following things:

• Clear cmos(by removing the battery and jumping "CLR_CMOS pins)
  • Changing the position of the 2 RAM sticks to all of the possible options
  • Removing GPU
  • Dusting off the entire pc and every single cable
  • Removed every cable and reseated it and cleaned it
  • Tried starting it without front panel cables and without speaker (you get the idea)
  • Tried with only the PSU cable to at least hear it post but still doesnt work.
I'm missing other things but i have tried pretty much everything except trying to boot from a boot drive to try and reinstall windows and i havent tried to flash/update bios because i dont have access to other pc. My friend will be back in 2 days but i need my PC before then. I will be so glad if you can help! Also I typed this while i was at work so i know its not explained the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

timtim065

Reputable
Aug 29, 2019
Unfortunately, the gigabyte motherboards are notorious for bricking when trying to switch back and forth with secure boot and tpm. Have you tried turning the pc on and off three times in a row to see if you can get it to safe mode?

I actually got it running BUT my backup bios got corrupted the same way. It's a really dumb situation, i don't think anything can be done at this point, what do you think?

timtim065

Reputable
Aug 29, 2019
Hello, i got the same problem with the same motherboard, how did u fix it?
Find the M_Bios chip and shorten pin 1&6 AND DO NOT ENABLE SECURE BOOT AGAIN i used a paperclip and you short it till the PC beeps thats what i did good luck dude if you need more help ask . Also google how to get to back up bios gigbayte you will see good info aswell.

Reactions: Gartegna
Aug 28, 2022
I actually got it running BUT my backup bios got corrupted the same way its a really dumb situation i dont think anything can be done at this point what do you think?
Find the M_Bios chip and shorten pin 1&6 AND DO NOT ENABLE SECURE BOOT AGAIN i used a paperclip and you short it till the PC beeps thats what i did good luck dude if you need more help ask . Also google how to get to back up bios gigbayte you will see good info aswell.
Ok,i ll do this today and keep you updated

Status
Not open for further replies.