[SOLVED] PC boot sometimes, but most don't

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 31, 2019
hello from a few days I have encountered a strange problem my pc does not start most of the time, not even in the BIOS (each time the fans and discs also run for several seconds). When everything starts it seems to work, only once it has suddenly turned off and also doing the restarts below everything works. the problem is that when it is turned off for a while, afterwards it falls into the loop of ignitions without success.

• I have already tried to remove all and discs and the video card, the problem remains
  • I tested removing the ram and the motherboard does the classic sequence of beeps
  • I reset the bios by re-installing (v. 2.0) and resetting the CMOS
this is the hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
GPU: Nvidia GTX 780
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 C9 4x4GB
MBD: Asrock B75 Pro3-M (bios 2.0 installed)
SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB
SSD: Kingston SSD A400, 480 GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2016)
PSU: Cooler Master GX-650 Bronze
Monitor: Lenovo L27i Monitor 1080p, 2 pieces

I am attaching videos of when the problem arises:

Series of reboots
NO RAM

in both cases the signal you have monitor is null most of the times and when there is only a little the led of the monitor lights up but for a few seconds with the black screen. I also noticed that by making the ignition fail many times, an error message arrives that allows me to access the bios then start it, temperatures are always below 45 degrees.

Solution
sorry I'm late but these days I was away from home. I also did tests on each ram slot with each piece of ram, and nothing does not turn on with any. therefore I would exclude that the problem concerns ram or ram slot.

so I think cpu and mobo remain

The only other possibility from there would be that something got bent / broken underneath the CPU socket, and if that does, the only way to fix that is to check for bent pins, and bend them back into place if possible.

g-unit1111

Titan
No pin is bent also because sometimes the PC turns on for even hours without turning off ( Then it switches off, first by eliminating the video signal and after a few seconds by switching off ) the video in the op shows that the motherboard always arrives at the ram check always because if I eliminate the ram on motherboard performs the classic beap.

Then yeah it is most likely a dead memory module, if you have other RAM you can try and it boots that should work fine.

Dec 31, 2019
Then yeah it is most likely a dead memory module, if you have other RAM you can try and it boots that should work fine.

I have already said that I have tested both the 4 banks of ram and the two SSDs individually and the PC did not start anyway. I doubt that all 4 banks of ram have broken

Dec 31, 2019
The only way to know for certain is to test your RAM in another motherboard, or do the RAM check test for each module and each slot on the motherboard. That's the only way we can rule out the RAM as a possibility.

sorry I'm late but these days I was away from home. I also did tests on each ram slot with each piece of ram, and nothing does not turn on with any. therefore I would exclude that the problem concerns ram or ram slot.

g-unit1111

Titan

The only other possibility from there would be that something got bent / broken underneath the CPU socket, and if that does, the only way to fix that is to check for bent pins, and bend them back into place if possible.

Solution