pc boot to bios instead of windows

Jan 4, 2019
so i just build my first new gaming pc and after using it for about one week i started getting bsod during gaming session. the game would freeze then i would get a bsod for 1 sec then the pc restart and boot to bios. when i try to exit bios the pc just boot to bios again and the only way to boot to windows normally was to turn off my pc. after that bsod started to become more common until i could no longer boot to windows even after turning off my pc power completely

after furter investingation i noticed that disk usage in task manager was always at 100% and that when i run a game its power usage was always very high. also i noticed that when my pc crash and boot to bios my bios wouldnt detect any sata conector even do they are pluged in. so i opened up the case and changed my sata conector to anoter plug on the mobo and noting changed.However when i unpluged the power connector on the hdd the pc booted fine. well it didnt last long until i got another bsod. after that even after trying everyting i still couldnt exit the bios

so i came to the conclusion my hdd is dead but before buying a new one i would like to know if its not my psu who killed it, because buying a new one only to kill it again would suck.

thanks for the help! here is my build:

gpu :gtx 1050 2gb
cpu:amd ryzen 5 1400
ram:corsair vengeance 2x4gb
mobo: B350M GAMING PRO
cpu cooler: deepcool gammaxx 400
hdd: WD 1TB
psu: corsair vs600 (600 watt)

Jan 4, 2019
sadly i dont have one but when i unplug and plug back the L shape power connector to the hdd i can hear the disk spinning very loud for a very short time before shuting down.

TRENDING THREADS