Question PC Booting/Posting issue

FormidableRed

Honorable
Dec 21, 2014
Hello,

So I have an issue with my PC, whenever I turn it off, I have to wait a large period of time before I'm able to turn it on again, for example:

I'll turn it off and try turning it on say 5 minutes later, the fans will turn on, the lights on GPU will come on and the light on my CPU fan will come on etc, but nothing displays? Like nothing, my monitor simply stays on standby.

However, if I leave it long enough, it will come on correctly, however it randomly decides if it displays using the HDMI or the Display Port, but it will come on.

When it is on, but not displaying anything, the power button won't turn it off via holding it, the only way to power it down when fans are on/lights are on and its not displaying anything, is the switch at the back.

A friend seems to think it's a build up of static in the MOBO that I need to leave PC turned off for a while for the static to go, before it will allow me to get the computer to work/turn on.. And has suggested I invest in a new MOBO, but obviously I would want to be sure first.

Another issue I have, no idea if they are related is: when I am in a game, I can randomly get lag spikes and stutters, an example is:

I can be playing Valorant for 2/4 games, then it will randomly start to lag/stutter (the audio can also "stutter or lag" too.

If I restarted the game, it might solve it. Or if I play through the lag/stuttering, it does eventually stop (when it happens in valorant, the Total Frame Time stat spikes up)

Ryzen 7 1700
16GB DDR4 RAM
GTX 1060 3GB
B450M DS3H
PSU: CX600M

Anyone had a similar issue before or have any suggestions of stuff I can do to pinpoint the issue etc?

Thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS