[SOLVED] PC booting problems

Chessapple24

Reputable
Aug 14, 2019
Hey. I just changed the thermal paste on my cpu for the first time and when I booted up my PC, it booted into the unbutu (Linux) boot menu. I have never touched Linux before and never installed it on my hardware. I have no idea what to do. Plz help cuz I am freaking out and I need my PC for school. Thx in advance. I've been booting normally into windows 10 science I built my PC. I have an msi motherboard.

Hey. I just changed the thermal paste on my cpu for the first time and when I booted up my PC, it booted into the unbutu (Linux) boot menu. I have never touched Linux before and never installed it on my hardware. I have no idea what to do. Plz help cuz I am freaking out and I need my PC for school. Thx in advance. I've been booting normally into windows 10 science I built my PC. I have an msi motherboard.
How did Linux get in there ? It certainly didn't come with paste.

Chessapple24

Reputable
Aug 14, 2019
How did Linux get in there ? It certainly didn't come with paste.
I have no idea how it got there. I have a used hard drive that appeared empty when I got it so maybe it had a leftover Linux boot menu on it. When I try to go through with the boot to Linux, it says Linux isn't installed.
The hard drive is my secondary drive. I have my OS and most of my files stored on my 500gb ssd

TRENDING THREADS