Question PC booting slow after gpu change and doesn't work properly

Jan 4, 2023
So I installed a new gpu in my dad's old pc. The gpu is gigabyte gtx 1660 super oc, before that he had asus strix gtx 960. After i changed it, staring screen(with producent name) stays for 15 sec then black screen for about 2 minutes, then loading windows in messed up resolution. After i changed resolution to fhd, screen was full in artifacts and unreadable. I reinstalled drivers and it worked well in fhd but after restaring pc it is broken again but now i can't do anything in system because screen is full of artifacts and booting is still very slow.

Specs:

Motherboard: ECS/Medion H67H2-EM
CPU: i3 2100
RAM: ddr3 6gb
PSU: bequite 600w

GPU is 100% working i checked it in my pc
Also sorry about my english it's not my native language.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

PSU: bequite 600w
Be Quiet! is the brand of the unit while 600w is tha advertised wattage of theunit. What is the model of the unit and how old is the PSU in question?

As for your platform, did you use DDU to remove your prior GPU drivers, powered down the system(and then disconnected the system from the wall and display), removed the older GPU and then dropped in the new GPU, powered up and then install the latest drivers for your new GPU after sourcing them from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

So I installed a new gpu in my dad's old pc. The gpu is gigabyte gtx 1660 super oc, before that he had asus strix gtx 960.
Was the GPU bought used? I mean it's new to you but was the GPU ever used by someone else prior to you?

Jan 4, 2023
PSU is be quiet! System Power 9 600W 80 Plus Bronze.
GPU was before in my pc.

Both componets were bought 2 years ago and they were brand new.

I'll do what you advised and let you know if that worked