Question PC Booting Slower After Upgrading RAM

May 13, 2020
Hey Guys, this is my setup

i7 9700kf

32gb RAM ddr4 hyperx fury 3733mhz

WD SN750 500gb m2 nvme

z390 designare motherboard

so, before upgrading my RAM, I had 16GB. I used to have the last bios time between 5 to 7 seconds.

Now, after upgrading to 32gb, with the same ram model, size, speed, Im getting more bios time, so it´s taking longer to boot up, between 10-12 seconds.

I know its not a lot, but I was thinking that it would be at least the same boot time then before.

I´ve done some research and changed the boot in msconfig to 3 seconds, the BIOS is set to boot straight from my ssd, I´ve done a lot of disabling on startup programs on task manager...

Please, help me.

Thanks.

Hey Guys, this is my setup

i7 9700kf

32gb RAM ddr4 hyperx fury 3733mhz

WD SN750 500gb m2 nvme

z390 designare motherboard

so, before upgrading my RAM, I had 16GB. I used to have the last bios time between 5 to 7 seconds.

Now, after upgrading to 32gb, with the same ram model, size, speed, Im getting more bios time, so it´s taking longer to boot up, between 10-12 seconds.

I know its not a lot, but I was thinking that it would be at least the same boot time then before.

I´ve done some research and changed the boot in msconfig to 3 seconds, the BIOS is set to boot straight from my ssd, I´ve done a lot of disabling on startup programs on task manager...

Please, help me.

Thanks.
RAM is checked upon startup, you have more to check now.

May 13, 2020
RAM is checked upon startup, you have more to check now.

what happens is that when I had 16GB I used the XMP profile of 3600mhz

and now that I put two more sticks and have 32GB, when I load xmp profile 1 or 2 (3733 or 3600mhz), shut down the computer and turn it on, it makes 4 long beeps and 1 short beep and restart. And it says in the bios boot failure... that didn’t happen before. I’m running windows memory diagnostics now to see if it’s a memory problem. If it’s not, maybe it’s the PSU?
it’s a 650w 80plus bronze Corsair cx650. I’m not overclocking the cpu. Only the memory.

what happens is that when I had 16GB I used the XMP profile of 3600mhz

and now that I put two more sticks and have 32GB, when I load xmp profile 1 or 2 (3733 or 3600mhz), shut down the computer and turn it on, it makes 4 long beeps and 1 short beep and restart. And it says in the bios boot failure... that didn’t happen before. I’m running windows memory diagnostics now to see if it’s a memory problem. If it’s not, maybe it’s the PSU?
it’s a 650w 80plus bronze Corsair cx650. I’m not overclocking the cpu. Only the memory.
Oh you’re running unmatched pairs and wondering why your RAM is giving you an issue. It’s not advisable EVEN if you bought the same exact model number RAM. RAM is only guaranteed to work in XMP in the quantity it’s sold. You should have bought a 32GB kit. As well, using all 4 slots for RAM puts more strain on the memory controller and you probably need to up the RAM voltage to say 1.4v and see how it fares.

May 13, 2020
Oh you’re running unmatched pairs and wondering why your RAM is giving you an issue. It’s not advisable EVEN if you bought the same exact model number RAM. RAM is only guaranteed to work in XMP in the quantity it’s sold. You should have bought a 32GB kit. As well, using all 4 slots for RAM puts more strain on the memory controller and you probably need to up the RAM voltage to say 1.4v and see how it fares.
Oh man... I just said that I bought the same 2x8gb kit same model same size same speed same brand same type same everything... they’re not unmatched. Anyway.