[SOLVED] PC Booting Straight to BIOS

May 21, 2020
My PC suddenly started booting to BIOS when I turned it on this afternoon. Restarted and it keeps going straight to BIOS. My SSD is no longer recognised. It still recognises my secondary HDD but it wont let me boot from that as windows was installed on the SSD. I've tried many fixes from other people who have had this issue but I've had no luck so far. The strange thing is that it did manage to boot up properly about an hour ago and then after a restart its booted to BIOS everytime since. If the SSD is goosed why did it boot successfully after a bunch of failed attempts and then stop working again? Really stumped and I have a lot of files I dont want to lose. Thanks for any help

Solution
Power up the machine, go into BIOS and let it sit there for an hour. Then restart the machine without powering down. Sometimes an SSD needs to repair a damaged flash translation table and the BIOS times out while waiting for it to come ready. If the SSD comes alive, then use that opportunity to backup your data, if you haven't done so already.
Alas, if it still does not show with both a new SATA data and power cable and on a new SATA port, then you have had the misfortune of successfully reproving that SSDs can and do indeed fail with sometimes zero notice.... As to why it worked once, who knows...

Depending on brand, see if it is under any remaining warranty...

Power up the machine, go into BIOS and let it sit there for an hour. Then restart the machine without powering down. Sometimes an SSD needs to repair a damaged flash translation table and the BIOS times out while waiting for it to come ready. If the SSD comes alive, then use that opportunity to backup your data, if you haven't done so already.

Solution