Pc boots but get power error beeps!

Tsog

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Hi, i have combined PV-T84G-UDD3 gfx with a VX450w corsair psu, 2gb (2x1gb sticks) ram ballistix 1066mhz and a gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P(rev 1.0) mainboard. As soon as i start up the system, i get a lot of short beeps which, according to the manual, suggest a power error. I am baffled by it tho, when i have used all the various components on another pc(independently from each other), and all work just fine. But when i put them all back together, same problem appears. Any help on the matter would be very much appreciated!

g3force

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009

Check that you plugged in both the 24 pin motherboard power cable and the 8 pin EPS 12v cable. If that doesn't work, you may want to try booting the system out of the case (ie. on a non-conductive anti-static surface)

Tsog

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I have tried it outside the case and no i havent forgotten to connect the proper cables! I wouldnt be posting asking for help if i hadnt tried everything that i could come up with or found on the web about checking/rechecking my combo. I hoped my post would be clear enough on that matter(hint seperately they worked, which means i did put the proper cables on my various tests)! :p

Tsog

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I have tried it outside the case and no i havent forgotten to connect the proper cables! I wouldnt be posting asking for help if i hadnt tried everything that i could come up with or found on the web about checking/rechecking my combo. I hoped my post would be clear enough on that matter(hint seperately they worked, which means i did put the proper cables on my various tests)! :p I have even tried recompling the whole setup step by step, even mixing the various combonents, even with rams at various slots and combinations (solo and together)! Hope i am making sense! :)
P.S: It didnt let me complete my post :eek: