Question Pc boots but no display. PLEASE HELP <3

Sennagreaves

Prominent
Sep 19, 2021
my pc turns on but no display.

today I upgraded my gpu and psu, I went to turn on but no display was showing on screen. I have reseated the gpu and ram, reset cmos.

my specs are

rtx 3060
i3 10300
mobo is asustek b640m-a
psu is Msi mag a650bn

note : I did turn on and it was working fine, I went to update drivers and shut down the computer and restart then it gave me a cpu over heating warning, so I removed heat sink and applied new thermal paste, went to reboot and no display!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We know what you upgraded to but what did you upgrade from? As for your build, have you made sure that all power connectors to and from the PSU are secure? Does the system POST without the discrete GPU populating the PCIe slot on the motherboard?

Reactions: Sennagreaves

Tom cruise432

BANNED
Sep 13, 2022
Try moving the mouse, pushing a keyboard key, or fast pressing the Power button to try to wake up your computer. Using the keyboard shortcuts Win+P or Ctrl+Alt+Del, you can compel your computer's monitor to wake up even if it is already awake.

Mr. Smith

BANNED
Dec 25, 2021
my pc turns on but no display.

today I upgraded my gpu and psu, I went to turn on but no display was showing on screen. I have reseated the gpu and ram, reset cmos.

my specs are

rtx 3060
i3 10300
mobo is asustek b640m-a
psu is Msi mag a650bn

note : I did turn on and it was working fine, I went to update drivers and shut down the computer and restart then it gave me a cpu over heating warning, so I removed heat sink and applied new thermal paste, went to reboot and no display!
Check the rams

Sennagreaves

Prominent
Sep 19, 2021

We know what you upgraded to but what did you upgrade from? As for your build, have you made sure that all power connectors to and from the PSU are secure? Does the system POST without the discrete GPU populating the PCIe slot on the motherboard?

no does not post without gpu either

old psu was silverstone eat 500 and old gpu was 1650 super