Question PC turns on but no POST

Dec 2, 2022
Recently bought several PC parts to finally get a much needed upgrade. Now, even though this one is the 3rd build I put together myself, I still only have a superficial understading of things. This are the specs:

Motherboard: Mini-ITX Gigabyte Z490I Aorus Ultra (rev. 1.0)
GPU: Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3050 Twin Edge OC 8GB GDDR6
CPU: Intel Core i7-11700K 8-Core 3.6GHz w/ Turbo 5.0GHz 16MB
RAM: RAM Kingston Fury Beast RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3600MHz
Storage: SSD M.2 2280 Crucial P3 500GB 3D NAND NVMe
Power Supply: Gigabyte PB450B 450W ATX 80 Plus Bronze
CPU Cooler: Nox Hummer H-224 Noir
Additional Fans: 2x 140mm Corsair 2000RPM ML140 4 Pins PWM

As the title suggests, when I turn on the PC, the fans start to turn and the RGB lights from the RAM light up, with no interruptions until I choose to turn it off. However, no image appears in the monitor, and no light from the keyboard or mouse comes on.
I went to www.pcpartpicker.com and it suggest that the BIOS may need to be updated to support the CPU. So, using the instructions on AUROS own youtube channel, I usedthe Q-FLASH PLUS button to update the BIOS. It did not work.
So I removed everything but the CPU, and tried to get a post, still no dice.
I know the monitor works, and every component is pristine. I suspect the motherboard my be at fault, given other threads I visited, but I would like to ask if there are any other options I can try, before I spend more money.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Recently bought several PC parts to finally get a much needed upgrade.
What did you upgrade from?

Inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins. If they're all in order, try removing some stress on the cooler by doing an anti clockwise turn on the screws holding it down to the board/bracket.

Dec 2, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Recently bought several PC parts to finally get a much needed upgrade.
What did you upgrade from?

Inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins. If they're all in order, try removing some stress on the cooler by doing an anti clockwise turn on the screws holding it down to the board/bracket.
My last build specs:
CPU: i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz
GPU: GTX 1050 ti
Motherboard: Prime 250M-K
16 GB of RAM (single stick, already gave me some headaches)
250 GB HDD
Dodgy 500 W PSU

About the problems of the new build:
Checked for bent pins, nothing. Crosschecked with images online even. Everything looks good.
Aliviated some pressure from the socket. Tried to give it a few turns, and then some, 2 times. Nothing.

PC boots but no POST
This would mean,
you get no POST screen and​
can boot into windows.​
Boot into OS happens after POST.
As the title suggests, when I turn on the PC, the fans start to turn and the RGB lights from the RAM light up, with no interruptions until I choose to turn it off.
However, no image appears in the monitor, and no light from the keyboard or mouse comes on.
That is neither boot nor POST. Your headline is misleading and confusing.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech