Question PC boots, but no screen after bent cable.

Aug 23, 2020
Hi,
I came home and I turned on my PC which was working fine only too see red lines covering my screen. I found out that somehow my HDMI plug at the graphics card end was bent. I replaced the HDMI cable, and there's no screen. I have an Asus prime z-370 and my q-led s go through a normal cycle of cpu>dram>VGA>boot. I cleared the cmos and now it's stuck on boot light which I figured should be normal but still no screen.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,
I came home and I turned on my PC which was working fine only too see red lines covering my screen. I found out that somehow my HDMI plug at the graphics card end was bent. I replaced the HDMI cable, and there's no screen. I have an Asus prime z-370 and my q-led s go through a normal cycle of cpu>dram>VGA>boot. I cleared the cmos and now it's stuck on boot light which I figured should be normal but still no screen.
You could have damaged the HDMI port in the graphics card. Can you use another type port?

Aug 23, 2020
Have you tried any other port on your GPU? DVI? VGA? DP? a different HDMI Port if you have it?
Yes, as I mentioned I tried the integrated HDMI port and my cpu is 8700k which does have uhd graphics. My display doesn't support DVI or VGA and I don't have a dp cable. My GPU has one HDMI port only and I also tried an older gtx650 GPU and still no display.

Ferimer

Distinguished
Yes, as I mentioned I tried the integrated HDMI port and my cpu is 8700k which does have uhd graphics. My display doesn't support DVI or VGA and I don't have a dp cable. My GPU has one HDMI port only and I also tried an older gtx650 GPU and still no display.
Have you tried a different monitor? How did the HDMI cord in the back get bent? did your desktop get dropped or something?

Aug 23, 2020
Have you tried a different monitor? How did the HDMI cord in the back get bent? did your desktop get dropped or something?
I'm currently in the process of burrowing another monitor(I live in the middle of nowhere). Apparently I pulled the monitor too far for something (can't remember what and this happened)