Question PC boots but no signal

ChangeFather

Prominent
Dec 16, 2019
My PC will boot but no signal is displayed. I changed the PSU since the last one wasn't the best, because in the past I had the same problem and a psu replacement solved everything. I got a new one, installed it and... still no signal. What could be the faulty component: the motherboard or the gpu?

Specs: i5 2400, gtx 1050, 4x2gb ram ddr3, Intel dq67ow, corsair cv550
Edit: I tried resetting the CMOS, putting ram sticks in different slots etc
Edit 2: I can buy a new motherboard, no problem at all, but a new gpu, right now? Ehh...
Edit 3: I got a VGA cable to connect my monitor to my igpu but since I use a TV as a monitor, I have to select the source. When I used hdmi, I chose hdmi, but now I don't know which one should I use, I tried them all, but nothing works, so that means that the motherboard is not working? source

Lutfij

Titan
What PSU were you working with prior? Is the CV unit in your build now or was it in the build prior to the swap? In your current situation you should either source a proper monitor from your friend or neighbor or take the system to your friend's or neighbors house to see if you get display on their monitor(sans any adapters/converters) and pair said monitor with the motherboard, while the GTX 1050 is removed from the entire system.

Intel is notorious for having motherboards that didn't want to boot/POST when it had a part/component on it that it didn't like to play with. If you source another motherboard, what would it's make and model be?

ChangeFather

Prominent
Dec 16, 2019
What PSU were you working with prior? Is the CV unit in your build now or was it in the build prior to the swap? In your current situation you should either source a proper monitor from your friend or neighbor or take the system to your friend's or neighbors house to see if you get display on their monitor(sans any adapters/converters) and pair said monitor with the motherboard, while the GTX 1050 is removed from the entire system.

Intel is notorious for having motherboards that didn't want to boot/POST when it had a part/component on it that it didn't like to play with. If you source another motherboard, what would it's make and model be?
The old psu was a segotep atx-500wh and now I have the CV. Speaking of the motherboard, I found a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H or I can keep looking for some others, you can suggest some.

ChangeFather

Prominent
Dec 16, 2019

Also, I tested the monitor on my sister's laptop with the hdmi cable and it was working just fine. Another thing is that when I boot the PC, my mouse and keyboard's lights will not work until I click let's say, the mouse, and it only works for a second, then I have to do that again. I tested both of them and they are working.