Question PC boots but no video, keyboard & mouse LEDs turn on for 5 seconds then turns off

George_Estregan

Honorable
Oct 4, 2015
Hi everybody,

I was playing Metro 2033 on an old clunker:

Gigabyte GA-F2A58M-DS2
AMD A4 5300
8GB DDR3 1600 RAM (2 sticks 4GB each)
Radeon HD 5770

when the screen just went black and also lost audio. Power was still on and everything and thought I reached a cut scene but had to power off when nothing happened for a minute or so which made me think the game may have crashed, taking my PC along with it.

After rebooting, I had no video and USB was not working. I've tried several troubleshooting steps for this kind of problem and even went as far as salvaging what I think is a good battery from another mobo I don't use anymore. I gave up after 2 hours of trying to figure out what's wrong, put everything back together and wished for a miracle to happen.

Lo and behold, I'm now getting power to my mouse and keyboard again but still no video. Funny thing is that both the mouse and keyboard lights only stay on for about 5 seconds, switches off then does the same thing. It's 4:05 AM down here as of this writing and I'm already at my wits' end. Please help, thank you.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS