Question PC boots but then freezes, then gets stuck in a cycle of rebooting once restarted ?

May 17, 2023
I would really appreciate it if you have any advice on how I might go about solving the following because I have been saving to build this PC for over a year.

I have recently completed the construction of my PC, but I am facing a recurring problem. When I turn on my computer, it successfully boots up and functions normally for a brief period of time, typically ranging from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. However, it then suddenly freezes, leaving me with no option but to shut off the power. Upon restarting the PC, I encounter an issue where the motherboard displays error codes red and orange in quick succession, undergoes a reboot, and repeats the cycle by flashing the same error codes again. This cycle continues persistently, with the motherboard displaying red and orange repeatedly followed by reboots. The only way to interrupt this loop is to remove the motherboard battery and reinstall it to reset the motherboard bios. However, this temporary resolution is short-lived, as the freezing problem eventually occurs again.

Despite being a novice at PC building, I took some steps to address the issue. During the brief periods when my PC was unfrozen, I updated the motherboard's BIOS and installed Windows 11. It's puzzling because the hardware appears to be functioning adequately. All components receive power, and I have thoroughly inspected the system to ensure everything is properly connected and visually sound. Furthermore, in the BIOS my CPU temps were under 50C, so I don't think overheating is the problem.

Here are the parts I used:

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor

Motherboard: MSI PRO H610M-G WIFI DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 MotherboardB&H)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Storage: Crucial P3 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive

Video Card: PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Video Card

Case: Asus Prime AP201 MicroATX Mini Tower Case

Power Supply: EVGA 700 GD 700 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply\

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
I would really appreciate it if you have any advice on how I might go about solving the following because I have been saving to build this PC for over a year.

I have recently completed the construction of my PC, but I am facing a recurring problem. When I turn on my computer, it successfully boots up and functions normally for a brief period of time, typically ranging from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. However, it then suddenly freezes, leaving me with no option but to shut off the power. Upon restarting the PC, I encounter an issue where the motherboard displays error codes red and orange in quick succession, undergoes a reboot, and repeats the cycle by flashing the same error codes again. This cycle continues persistently, with the motherboard displaying red and orange repeatedly followed by reboots. The only way to interrupt this loop is to remove the motherboard battery and reinstall it to reset the motherboard bios. However, this temporary resolution is short-lived, as the freezing problem eventually occurs again.

Despite being a novice at PC building, I took some steps to address the issue. During the brief periods when my PC was unfrozen, I updated the motherboard's BIOS and installed Windows 11. It's puzzling because the hardware appears to be functioning adequately. All components receive power, and I have thoroughly inspected the system to ensure everything is properly connected and visually sound. Furthermore, in the BIOS my CPU temps were under 50C, so I don't think overheating is the problem.

Here are the parts I used:

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor

Motherboard: MSI PRO H610M-G WIFI DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 MotherboardB&H)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Storage: Crucial P3 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive

Video Card: PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Video Card

Case: Asus Prime AP201 MicroATX Mini Tower Case

Power Supply: EVGA 700 GD 700 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply\
Monitor the Performance Monitor and see what parameters are changing at the time of failure.