Question PC boots fine, but monitor reads no input after windows loading screen. Displays fine in safe mode.

May 5, 2019
My PC was working fine yesterday, but i drove with it about 100 miles over rough roads. When i got home to plug it in, nothing displayed at all, not even the splash screen. I opened the case to find that the 8 pin connector was slightly out of socket, so i plugged it back in and restarted the system. This time, the splash screen displayed and it seemed like it was fixed. Once it got past the windows loading screen though, the monitor read no input. Even though the monitor read no input, I can tell the computer booted properly as I could hear the windows welcome sound (idk what else to call it).
I then turned off my computer and booted into safe mode, where it booted just fine and the monitor displayed as if nothing was wrong. I uninstalled the graphics card drivers and restarted into normal mode, where it displayed fine once again. I reinstalled the drivers and rebooted my PC to finish installing the drivers, but upon reboot, the monitor read no input like before.

What ive tried so far:
ensuring ram is properly seated,
ensuring all connections are secure, moving the graphics card from PCI-E 1 to PCI-E 2,
resetting the CMOS battery,
discharging all capacitors,
clean installing graphics drivers twice, running the computer without the card in and using on board graphics,
using different monitors,
and using different DVI cables.
None of these have worked, and I’m starting to wonder what could be causing this issue

Specs:
i5 8600k
ASUS Z370-A Prime
16GB Crucial DDR4
Radeon RX 480 4gb
EVGA 650W G3

Side note, I have had this graphics card for about two years, and for about 6 months now, every so often the screen will go to static and im forced to hard restart the computer by holding down the power button. idk if that helps in any way

May 5, 2019
Try DDUing the drivers, and make a clean install. See if the problem persists.

maybe im just ignorant but i dont see how it could be a driver issue since it worked fine a day ago, and only stopped working after i drove with my pc in the car. also, ive tried reinstalling drivers three times now and it never works

TRENDING THREADS