May 17, 2019
Hi everyone.

This morning I decided to clean my PC seeing it had a lost of dust built up especially around fans. I also unscrewed the cooler and applied new thermal paste.

Ever since it won't boot up. It starts for a couple of seconds, doesn't go to post, there's no beep and it actually makes a weird sound (that I'll link below) and then shuts down. And it does this repeatedly. It will be booting up and shuting down unless I turn off the PSU from behind.

I've checked all cables, unplugged and plugged them again multiple times, reapplied thermal paste and the cooler, took the CPU in and out a couple of times and made sure everything is properly connected. I didn't have any issue at all before this. None.

Any help? What could be causing this?
Thanks in advance!

i5 4690k + hyper 212 evo
Asus Z97P m/b
Corsair Vengeance 16 gb 1600 mhz ram
Gigabyte Gtx 970 Winforce 3x oc
Keep out FX700W PSU
Caviar black 1tb hdd + caviar green 1,5 tb

nicholas70

Reputable
May 15, 2016
Never heard of a keep out FX PSU. Does the buzzing sound seem to be coming from the psu because right now that's kinda what I'd be suspecting is faulty. The fact it decided to fail after you blew dust out of the case could be happen-chance or it is also possible something was damaged in the process though that's unlikely. I'd say try taking the video card and hard drive out of the system and see if you can get it to power on and go into bios. If that doesn't work try seeing what happens without the RAM installed.

May 17, 2019
Never heard of a keep out FX PSU. Does the buzzing sound seem to be coming from the psu because right now that's kinda what I'd be suspecting is faulty. The fact it decided to fail after you blew dust out of the case could be happen-chance or it is also possible something was damaged in the process though that's unlikely. I'd say try taking the video card and hard drive out of the system and see if you can get it to power on and go into bios. If that doesn't work try seeing what happens without the RAM installed.
Hey, thanks for the response. The sound seems to be coming from the hdd area. I also had doubts about the PSU's brand but it's been running greatly for more than two years now. This problem has actually occured once in my previous system as well but I fixed it by taking out and putting back in the CPU.
I'll try your suggestions and keep you informed.

May 17, 2019
Found the problem. Apparently I broke a small chipset, if that's what they're called, a black square piece above the hdd/case led cable plugs.

Hope this helps other people who might have a similar issue.