Question PC boots into BIOS. My SSD shows up under storage but not on the boot order list.

May 3, 2022
It’s got Windows installed on it as its my only drive and has been for a while. It shows up under the storage list but not on the boot order.

It’s installed in SATA1 also.

MAG B550M MORTAR is my motherboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

May 3, 2022
Did you change something (hardware - software) between "a while" and now ?
"Under the storage" you mean in the Bios ?

Basically my PSU blew and I just replaced it. Everything still shows up in the BIOS so I don’t feel like it damaged anything.

Yeah in the BIOS under storage it shows my SSD (my only drive I have) but under boot priority it’s not there.

May 3, 2022
Can you boot from windows installation media into command prompt?
Execute following and show screenshot with the result (upload to imgur.com and post link)
diskpart
list disk
select disk 0
list partition
list volume

Tried any of the other Sata connectors on the mobo (you have 6 of them) ?
If still no boot can you prepare a USB stick with a live Linux on it ? You disconnect the SSD, and you boot from the USB stick. If you can use the PC, it was only a damaged SSD.
If not something on the mobo was also damaged
https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/create-a-usb-stick-on-ubuntu#1-overview

I can’t do that right now as I have no flash drive to boot from but I will reply to this once I have tried this.

I also originally had it in slot #6 and that’s what it worked on before the PSU blew but it didn’t work anymore in there so after reading a few suggestions I’ve moved it to slot 1, neither work.

It still just shows up under the storage section in the bios but it’a not able to be selected to boot from.

Reactions: egda23
May 3, 2022
Can you boot from windows installation media into command prompt?
Execute following and show screenshot with the result (upload to imgur.com and post link)
diskpart
list disk
select disk 0
list partition
list volume

Fixed it, sorry guys I’m an idiot.

All I had to was enable legacy boot mode because for some reason it disabled after the PSU catastrophe.

Appreciate you both helping me!

Reactions: egda23