PC boots normally, but monitor's got no power

sideris

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
Hello.

So about little over 2 weeks ago I was on my computer when suddenly my monitor went black. There was no light on the power button, no display, nonothing, as if it was turned off, but I could hear the sounds as if it was just off.
So I restarted and the pc booted normally...I heard the windows(7) welcome sound, but there was no power in monitor. No light nothing, again.
So I said, okay PC's dead. It's kind of old pc and monitor. I left it just sit not trying to do anything, then I tried what I could find on the internet after two weeks. I checked the power outlets, power cords, if they are properly connected etc. everything works fine except the monitor.
I guess it should be problem with monitor then, not pc.
So then I found that I should disconnect pc and monitor from the outlets and hold the power button for a minute. So I did it and it worked. It worked like a charm until it went black again in a few hours. So i did it again and jt worked again. This went on for a 3 days, everyday I had to remove it from outlets and press the button for a minute at least once a day and it worked just fine. But then it went off again and now even that solution doesn't work anymore.
So, I really din't know what to do. If I should just throw away the monitor and replace, but I woukd be much mkre happier if there was some solution.
The monitor is AOC TFT22W90PSA.
I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

sideris

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018

Of course. That was the first thing I checked. It wasn't that, tho.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from sideris : "AOC monitor's not working"

sideris

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018

It's AOC tft22w90psa monitor with desktop pc.

For a pc I really don't remember the specs and can't check them since monitor's not working.
But I'm pretty sure it's the monitor and not the pc since I tested the pc on another monitor which I borrowed and worked.

I tried to open the moninor but I have no idea how and don't want to mess it up more.

TRENDING THREADS