[SOLVED] Pc boots only once after ram overclock

GigelCurcanu

Prominent
Aug 11, 2021
I decided to overclock my ram and i run into an interesting problem, after overclocking the pc boots as normal however every time i restart it gets stuck on a black screen with the VGA/GPU led on the motherboard lit, if left alone(not powered) for a while or cut from power it will boot pack up and work until next restart where it does the same thing, i am wondering if anyone has any idea what it can be. I would also like to add that this is the first time i oc ram.

Ram was overclocked to 3000mhz on 1.27V(i also tried 1.3v) timings left as default (16-18-18-38 CR1)
Edit: forgot to mention that i ran AIDA64 stability test and everything was fine

RAM: Crucial Ballistix sport 2x8 2666hmz
Motherboard: Gigabyte AB-350-Gaming 3
CPU: Ryzen 2600x
GPU: EVGA 2070 XC ultra
PSU: Fractal 650W

Last edited:
Solution
You could try 2933mhz which is still more native to Ryzen with the 2600. If 2666mhz is only stable speed could you also try and tighten timings. Otherwise might you be out of luck and is this set 2666mhz for a very good reason.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
When overclocking ram like that use 1.35V for sure, is what most kits that speed are rated for. And loosening timings might stil be needed. But you might not have a great kit for overclocking so keep that in mind.

You btw have the latest bios?

GigelCurcanu

Prominent
Aug 11, 2021
When overclocking ram like that use 1.35V for sure, is what most kits that speed are rated for. And loosening timings might stil be needed. But you might not have a great kit for overclocking so keep that in mind.

You btw have the latest bios?
yes, i updated to the latest bios a few weeks ago, now it seems that the ram dosent want to oc at all even if its a small increment, i did however try 1.35V and it got stuck in a restart loop, saw someone else on reddit with the exact same kit getting it to 3200mhz with tweaked timings (still at 1.27V-1.3V since according to that person this kit does not like high voltage)

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
You could try 2933mhz which is still more native to Ryzen with the 2600. If 2666mhz is only stable speed could you also try and tighten timings. Otherwise might you be out of luck and is this set 2666mhz for a very good reason.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS