Question PC boots only when CPU is unlachted

ihatelag01

Reputable
Oct 29, 2016
Long story short PC doesn't post,ruled out every other thing and it's either a faulty mobo on arrival or I've somehow damaged it in the assembling/troubleshooting process.
Weird thing is,I've now reached a point where ,if the CPU(Ryzen 5 3400G) is properly seated with the socket latch secured,the cooler and PSU fans only spin for a brief second after shutting down.If,however,I only insert the 3400G without securing the latch , it powers on with both fans at full speed.I get no post either way but I find this too peculiar not to mention and I can't seem to find anything related when doing a quick search.
Also worth pointing out that the PC powers on only when pressing the PSU switch,using a button or shorting the pins doesn't have any effect.

Long story short PC doesn't post,ruled out every other thing and it's either a faulty mobo on arrival or I've somehow damaged it in the assembling/troubleshooting process.
Weird thing is,I've now reached a point where ,if the CPU(Ryzen 5 3400G) is properly seated with the socket latch secured,the cooler and PSU fans only spin for a brief second after shutting down.If,however,I only insert the 3400G without securing the latch , it powers on with both fans at full speed.I get no post either way but I find this too peculiar not to mention and I can't seem to find anything related when doing a quick search.
Also worth pointing out that the PC powers on only when pressing the PSU switch,using a button or shorting the pins doesn't have any effect.
It must be bad MB, actually it's socket.

Reactions: drea.drechsler