[SOLVED] PC boots straight into bios

josh.springer24

Honorable
Nov 4, 2017
I just upgraded my cpu and motherboard and can't get my computer to boot. I already updated my bios for ryzen 5000 series, checked all connections on the motherboard, and made sure only my boot ssd was plugged in. Whenever I go to select my boot device nothing shows up.

My Motherboard: MSI MSP b550 gaming plus

Jul 15, 2021
Same thing is happening to me, on my new PC.
motherboard: MSI B560M PRO VDH WIFI
cpu: i5 11600k
gpu: rtx 2060
ram: 2x16 corsair rgb 3200mhz

I had previously installed a hdd with windows already installed, and it ran fine first try.
Recently I thought i'd upgrade to an SSD, so I did just that. I cast my old hdd away thinking i could just move on to my new SSD. Now my pc automatically starts up into the BIOS and refuses to boot up. I've done as much as I could to remedy this issue, but I'm stuck. Please help.

sonofjesse

Distinguished
I would guess its the MBR/GPT CMS/UEFI settings that are getting you. Trying changing it in the bios to see if it will boot.

Long term you need to be running GPT disks.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gpt

This tool is free from MS.

If you want to pay for one that basically runs this for you (is my guess) Aomie part ion manager isn't bad either.

Several good youtube vidoes of when gpt fails, and you have to look at the log file and figure out why. (like having a logical drive on a MBR disc that will NOT convert.

If your less techy, its easier to wipe and just start with a GPT disk.