[SOLVED] PC boots straight to bios, no usbs have power or work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petergarrett04

Commendable
Jan 13, 2018
I decided to get an AIO liquid cooler and I installed it. I also got a new case so I disconnected everything from my power supply from both sides (since it’s fully modular) I hooked everything up, and once I plugged the power supply into the wall I saw the rgb lights on the rim of the aio. I turn the pc on and I hear a popping noise and the motherboard area smelled burnt. I realized the SATA cable was plugged in halfway and upside down (on the psu end) so I plugged it in the right way.

Then I tried turning it back on and my gpu light turned on and then off right after as if it shut back off a few seconds after. I unplugged it from the wall and waited a few hours and tried turning it back on. It turned on and it seemed normal, but it went straight to the bios, I’m assuming it reset on it’s own since the main screen ram speed was slower than I had it set to.

I tried plugging in my keyboard and mouse and they both weren’t working, lights didn’t turn on either and I tried every usb, even the case usbs. I don’t know what to do. I checked the caps and they look fine on the motherboard, but I know the usbs don’t have power since I tried plugging in my phone and it wouldn’t charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.