[SOLVED] PC boots to ASUS manufacturer screen and restarts. RGB fans are lit and spinning aswell as peripherals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2021
Yesterday, my PC randomly turned off after being in use. When I started the PC up again, it booted up to the ASUS manufacturer screen (with the press del or f2 to get into bios) and after that, it would restart and do it again. Even when it tried to boot into automatic repair, it restarted. When I do start up my computer, my two RGB fans light up (not to the colours I set on aura sync but they light up), as well as my mouse (also not to the colour I set on it’s software but I’m not sure if this even matters).
I have tried:
  1. Reseating the RAM, even going further as to make sure one stick was in at a time to see if maybe it was a faulty RAM stick.
  2. Turning the computer off and holding the power button for 20 seconds and taking out the CMOS battery for a while before putting back in (this method brought me to the login screen before the system restarted)
  3. Checking all my PSU cables to my MOBO were seated correctly, as well as GPU.
  4. Trying to boot from a USB with the Windows 10 ISO. file (just restarted again)
  5. Unplugged hard drive (I boot from a 500GB Crucial P1 M.2) and tried to boot.
  6. Making sure my CPU cooler was on properly.
  7. Removing my RAM overclock (3200 -> 2133)
This PC is still quite new, as it was put together on October 2020, so I’m confused as to why this is happening. It could be a PSU issue but, since I’m a noob, could be anything.

PC Parts:
AMD Ryzen 3100 (w/ stock cooler)
ASUS Phoenix Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Crucial P1 500GB NVMe M.2 (boot drive)
WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm (for games and other files)
ASUS Prime B550M-A WiFi
EVGA 600W Power supply 80+ Gold (thinking it was weird that it would be a PSU problem with a 80+ Gold but anything could happen)

I will say, there was one time I managed to boot into the desktop and was able to use it normally but after powering the system up again, it started to restart.

I will take any solutions that may appear on this thread.

Solution
I just reset my CMOS by shorting the CLRTC puns on the MOBO (with the CMOS battery in) and it seems to have loaded to the desktop fine but then it goes back into the boot loop. Will it still be a RAM issue?
Could be ram or psu. Hiting a power spike the system isn't liking thowing it into a spasim.
Yesterday, my PC randomly turned off after being in use. When I started the PC up again, it booted up to the ASUS manufacturer screen (with the press del or f2 to get into bios) and after that, it would restart and do it again. Even when it tried to boot into automatic repair, it restarted. When I do start up my computer, my two RGB fans light up (not to the colours I set on aura sync but they light up), as well as my mouse (also not to the colour I set on it’s software but I’m not sure if this even matters).
I have tried:
  1. Reseating the RAM, even going further as to make sure one stick was in at a time to see if maybe it was a faulty RAM stick.
  2. Turning the computer off and holding the power button for 20 seconds and taking out the CMOS battery for a while before putting back in (this method brought me to the login screen before the system restarted)
  4. Trying to boot from a USB with the Windows 10 ISO. file (just restarted again)
This PC is still quite new, as it was put together on October 2020, so I’m confused as to why this is happening. It could be a PSU issue but, since I’m a noob, could be anything.

PC Parts:
ASUS Prime B550M-A WiFi
EVGA 600W Power supply 80+ Gold (thinking it was weird that it would be a PSU problem with a 80+ Gold but anything could happen)

I will say, there was one time I managed to boot into the desktop and was able to use it normally but after powering the system up again, it started to restart.

Ram maybe dead from oc.... Or psu maybe failing....

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have tried:

PC Parts:
ASUS Prime B550M-A WiFi

If your motherboard does not have a display for error codes buy a 3 buck speaker for it and get the beep codes.

Much better to spend 3 bucks to get a ideal than just throwing money at it!

Feb 24, 2021
If it’s helpful to know, when I start up the computer, it goes to the ASUS screen with the instructions on how to enter the BIOS on the bottom, then it goes onto the ASUS screen with the loading dots in a circle beneath the logo, then it goes black to no signal on my monitor. It repeat this except for the occasional ‘automatic repair’ that would replace the loading dots in a circle.

If it’s helpful to know, when I start up the computer, it goes to the ASUS screen with the instructions on how to enter the BIOS on the bottom, then it goes onto the ASUS screen with the loading dots in a circle beneath the logo, then it goes black to no signal on my monitor. It repeat this except for the occasional ‘automatic repair’ that would replace the loading dots in a circle.
Im mean i understood this they apprently didnt... The speaker he is talking of is a no post indicator that will beep when the system is failing to post.... Not normally when the system is posting. Specific beeps mean certain things with each mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.