Status
Not open for further replies.

SaM_SpArK

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2016
Hi guys, i built my PC about 2 years ago and it was OK since couple of months ago. The problem is every time i turn it on ROG logo Shows for couple of seconds and restarts itself and then ROG logo again and it boots up windows 7.
I have tried to set BiOS to boot up with difrrent devices and even Tried to boot linux but the same happens. Updated my BIOS but nothing changed everything on BIOS settings looks normal. after it boots up everything is stable. everykind of task is OK.
Tried to put it on heavy loads on different tasks nothing showed a problem. CPU, RAM, HDDs, SSD, GPU everything seems OK.
The problem has nothing to do with OS infact i can not even get to Biso before it restarts itself once

ROG maximus VIII Hero
Core-i7 6700k
gtx 1080
crucial 16g 2400mhz
128g Samsung Pro (default Boot option)
Corsair RM750i

Last edited:

Djsi

Reputable
May 20, 2019
So your staying it starts for a moment,shuts down and restarts then boots normally.Sounds to me like it(the bios)has settings it doesn't like and is restarting with default values.try setting the bios to default values if you haven't already.this is typically what a PC does with incorrect values set in the bios,or an overclock it can't handle,that kind of thing.

SaM_SpArK

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2016
So your staying it starts for a moment,shuts down and restarts then boots normally.Sounds to me like it(the bios)has settings it doesn't like and is restarting with default values.try setting the bios to default values if you haven't already.this is typically what a PC does with incorrect values set in the bios,or an overclock it can't handle,that kind of thing.
I have looked for anything Abnormal on bios setting several times, Everything was what it should be even restored everything to default but nothing changed
The problem has nothing to do with OS infact i can not even get to Biso before it restarts itself once

SaM_SpArK

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2016
Just Ran a Memtest86 to see if anything wrong with RAMs
7ebdcbec494766z6g.jpg
oyk67d2ld0yok7u6g.jpg

SaM_SpArK

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2016
Opened the case side and watched motherboard debugger at the starts of the first load it shows code "b4" which is about usb plugs so probably thats the reason i couldn't get to the Bios. Searched for the problem and found out that the fast boot option cause the problem so disabled it and it worked. now it boots at first load but b4 code shows up at first seconds of loading. whats the problem ? why fast boot option makes PC to stuck on ROG logo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.