Question PC boots up and load Windows but black screen

vargasbill

Reputable
May 22, 2019
Hello,

Yesterday I had a problem with my GPU GTX 1070Ti. I was using my desktop PC on Youtube and suddendly some colors, lines and 'artifacts' started to show until the PC got stucked and I had to turn it off from power cable. I checked the cables and motherboard, reseated the RAMs and GPU but after that, my PC only shows a black screen despite it boots up. Here I have a 'spare' GPU GTX 980Ti(it crashes under heavy load but works well for basic stuff) and my PC works well loading windows and basic tasks so I had a bad thought about this.
The last thing I've done to know what happens with my GPU is connecting back the 1070Ti and connecting from my laptop to my desktop PC through RDP. Even with the black screen issue, it works but when I check the GPU in the Device Manager it shows error 43.

I assume the 1070Ti has a physical damage but I'm not sure if I can do something else to try and fix it. What do you guys think? I cannot afford easily a another GPU due to the current high prices in the market

My PC build.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MB: TUF Gaming X570 Plus
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2X8GB @3600Mhz DDR4
PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 550W
SSD: Crucial MX550 500GB and Samsung 970Evo 500GB
GPU: PNY GTX 1070Ti
'Spare' GPU: EVGA GTX 980Ti SC

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the Seasonic unit in you build? In retrospect if the unit is brand new, you should've looked into a 650W unit as opposed to getting a 550W unit, since you're left little to no headroom. What version of Windows 10 are you on? Ideally you should be on version 21H1. BIOS version for your motherboard?

vargasbill

Reputable
May 22, 2019
How old is the Seasonic unit in you build? In retrospect if the unit is brand new, you should've looked into a 650W unit as opposed to getting a 550W unit, since you're left little to no headroom. What version of Windows 10 are you on? Ideally you should be on version 21H1. BIOS version for your motherboard?

It's a 2 yo PSU and no issues until the issue that I mention with the GTX1070Ti. My Windows version is 20H2 but I'm not seeing any new update available yet. The current BIOS version is 3602. In general it's almost up to date but not the lastest version for what I see.