Question PC boots up fine then crashes without bluescreen ez debug light shows cpu and doesn't turn on until I press the reset button ?

borag

Honorable
Jan 22, 2016
I recently bought a new motherboard msi b450m pro mortar max. This issue seems to happen when the pc is off for a while, it boots fine but when the windows is loading apps it sort of lags a little bit then crashes without any bluescreen whatsoever. It just stays in the black screen and shows ez debug light on cpu until I hit the restart button, after it boots it usually works fine this issue only happened once after I booted in. I tried to reseat the rams, check for bent cpu pins, reinstall windows. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: A thing I have noticed, although not being sure, this happens when I install a windows update then click update and shut down. After that when I turn on the pc it crashes ?

My hardware
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: Corsair vengance 3100 mhz 2x8
GPU:RX580

Last edited:

mwadlin

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
I recently bought a new motherboard msi b450m pro mortar max. This issue seems to happen when the pc is off for a while, it boots fine but when the windows is loading apps it sort of lags a little bit then crashes without any bluescreen whatsoever. It just stays in the black screen and shows ez debug light on cpu until I hit the restart button, after it boots it usually works fine this issue only happened once after I booted in. I tried to reseat the rams, check for bent cpu pins, reinstall windows. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: A thing I have noticed, although not being sure, this happens when I install a windows update then click update and shut down. After that when I turn on the pc it crashes ?

My hardware
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: Corsair vengance 3100 mhz 2x8
GPU:RX580

mwadlin

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
How far apart are these incidents? I would think you don't get updates too often. This makes me wonder if it is repeatedly trying to install the same update which ultimately fails, it reverts, and then rinse repeat. Windows Update has a way of saying "ignore this update". You could then investigate the contents of the update, and manually update as much as possible to identify the offending update.