sycomania134

Honorable
Feb 19, 2014
So I built a PC a few months ago, and it's been booting up weird ever since. The PC itself seems to be running fine, not overheating or anything, it's just the boot up process. Everytime I boot, all the fans go super loud, stops for a bit, starts to spin again but at regular speed (the screen stays black through all of this), the post screen flashes on screen for about a millisecond, and I'm in the login screen. Should I be worried?

Solution
Depends on your build: Motherboard/Fans/Controller

In a couple of builds I have made, it is normal - its a few seconds for the sensor readings to pass to the controller and then to set the fan speeds

Nothing to be concerned about unless its not continuing as normal after 1-2seconds

Although, it can sometimes be a cabling issue / components not secured correctly
Depends on your build: Motherboard/Fans/Controller

In a couple of builds I have made, it is normal - its a few seconds for the sensor readings to pass to the controller and then to set the fan speeds

Nothing to be concerned about unless its not continuing as normal after 1-2seconds

Although, it can sometimes be a cabling issue / components not secured correctly

Solution