PC Boots up to a black screen

deadguy56

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017
So my PC has been doing this for the last few days and I'm not sure what's causing it. Everytime I boot it up the entire PC works fine internally and I hear it boot up like normally however there's no signal sent over to the monitor, keyboard, or mouse. Resetting my bios seems to solve this, but in a bit of a funky way. After the reset I get presented with a screen that asks me if I want to continue or enter the BIOS setup menu. If I hit continue then it does just that, it continues to launch windows and works normally. Until I either shut it down or put it to sleep, because the same issue occurs. Continue works every time, however If I go into my BIOS menu and save the settings and restart then that doesn't change anything and it boots up to a black screen again with no signals. Help? I'm having trouble figuring out the problem. The only thing I know is that my graphics card has been dying progressively over the last year but thats it.

Solution
I'd say re-seat both the GPU and the memory... but before re-installing them, clean out the slots with compressed air and clean off the contacts on each component w/ q-tips & rubbing alcohol(90%)