PC boots with bios screen, then "no signal" in windows.

Japseguten

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
I had issues with random black blinking when using youtube and playing games in full screen, I read about the issue and decided to do a clean install of the newest (372.70) nvidia drivers. After the drivers finished installing I closed the dialog box/installer, and ended up with an instant black screen.

After this I decided to reinstall windows, (as I didn't feel like troubleshooting).. I booted normally with the microsoft display driver, and I restarted the mashine after it automatically downloaded a new display driver. As you might guess this ended in the same issue as last time, with a black "no signal" screen after boot :/

The GPU's in question are two gtx780's recently bought to replace a gtx690. They worked ok despite some black flashes in full screen mode. (I believe this was using the 372.58 drivers). I swapped in the gtx690 and same problem, only now it didn't even show the bios screen.. (690 worked flawlessly before with the 372.58 driver.

Any help is much appreciated here, as im torn on this issue :(

Solution
Hello Japseguten

I assume that you are using a desktop computer. It looks like your CMOS needs to be cleared. To do so:

> Power off the computer.

> Unplug it from the power supply.

> Open its system case.

> Pull out the CMOS battery.

> Leave the computer alone for 45 to 60 minutes.

> After the said time, connect the computer to the power supply and try booting it this time.

If the issue persists, check and confirm the screen resolution. To do so:

> Let Windows install the latest drivers automatically.

> If there is 'No Signal' again, Boot Windows in Safe Mode.

> Right-click anywhere on the desktop screen.

> Go to Screen resolution from the context menu.

> From the next window, change the resolution to 1366 x 768 or something lower to this.

> Save the changes and reboot the computer.

> Check if the issue is resolved.

If the method fails, back up your current BIOS and update it to the latest version if available.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!!

Japseguten

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

Found out what my issue was!

I have my PC connected to a 4K television, and that wouldn't work propperly with the nvidia drivers I downloaded/downloaded automatically I therefore tested my PC on a standard computer-rmonitor and could easaly boot into windows with nvidia drivers. I then restarted the maschine with the TV plugged in and it worked without an issue:)

Thaks for the suggestions anyway!

Solution