[SOLVED] PC boots with black screen.

Jan 29, 2020
Hello.
Recently my PC was running and just went black.
When it went black, I restarted my PC and connected my HDMI to my motherboard. It worked, but my GPU wasn't. So I tried reinstalling AMD drivers, and then when I rebooted neither my MOBO nor GPU would output to the screen.
However, I can hear the windows boot sound. But not even the BIOS appears on screen, nothing.
This happens wether I connect GPU or motherboard to monitor. It's not the cable, and it's not the monitor. The GPU still lights up, and I am very confused on what is happening.
Any help is appreciated!

Solution
Try different video outputs on your graphics card. If you have multiple screens connected, check image on all of them.
If still no go, then remove graphics card from system and use video outputs on motherboard.

To use video outputs on motherboard and graphics cards simultaneously, BIOS needs to have multi-monitor feature enabled. Normally with discrete graphics card in system integrated video outputs get disabled.
Try different video outputs on your graphics card. If you have multiple screens connected, check image on all of them.
If still no go, then remove graphics card from system and use video outputs on motherboard.

To use video outputs on motherboard and graphics cards simultaneously, BIOS needs to have multi-monitor feature enabled. Normally with discrete graphics card in system integrated video outputs get disabled.

Solution
Jan 29, 2020

Its still a no go. Thanks though. To be clear, neither my motherboard nor my GPU outputs anything, on their own.

TRENDING THREADS