News PC Brands Struggle With Shipping Delays as Amazon Prioritizes Essentials

I think Amazon is shipping when they can and April 21st is a worst case scenario date.

I wasn't supposed to get my drives till April 21st, and they are showing up today. However they will sit in the garage for another week. My backup can run powered down for another week.

Prices are going up though as well. Ryzen 1600AF went from 85 on amazon to 111.
That was likely just Amazon automatically raising the price of a product when stock gets low, as they tend to do. It's showing up as "unavailable" now, with only third-party sellers listing it, who may actually be selling the original 1600. The prices of their other Ryzen processors don't seem to have changed.

Reactions: alextheblue

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
I don't think Amazon is wrong to prioritize delivery of essential goods considering there must be a significant surge in demand with people stuck at home. While I get it that people need to work from home and need the equipment to do so. But there are other channels to get it.

Reactions: alextheblue
Apr 2, 2020
They are not prioritizing delivery of their own products. If you want a non essential item that will ship quickly just filter the seller as "Amazon.com" Essential or not if it is "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. " it will arrive within two to three days.

Apr 2, 2020
I don't think Amazon is wrong to prioritize delivery of essential goods considering there must be a significant surge in demand with people stuck at home. While I get it that people need to work from home and need the equipment to do so. But there are other channels to get it.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. will arrive ASAP!

domih

Reputable
Jan 31, 2020
(1) Thousands of people dying every day vs. concerns about Amazon slowing delivery? Hmm...

(2) Stop drinking the Amazon Kool Aid. You'll find equivalent prices at many alternatives sites, even local retailers. Just don't forget to take into account the Prime subscription...

(3) Take a second look at why you want your items within 2 days. Do you really need them that fast... each time?

(4) I closed all my Amazon accounts one year ago because:

(a) I did not like the way they filtered my negative reviews which by extension led me to conclude that today the review process is skewed toward being a global happy jambalaya party pushing you into more consumerism.

(b) Searching for items and filtering on NewEgg or eBay is better than Amazon. With the latter, a search result is probably 50% ads and "payola" and often has nothing to do with what you're looking for.

(c) Why did "used" suddenly become "renewed"? I say BS.

(5) Slow delivery and slow buying is good for you. Just try it.