Hi folks,

First off, here’s my system:

Win 10 64
I7-4770
ASUS Sabertooth Z87 1150 Mobo
Corsair 850 PSU
Corsair Vengeance RAM 16gb
EVGA GTX 1070

I was doing a little system upgrade today and I ran into a weird issue. I reset Windows 10 and swapped out the secondary HDD for a SSD (not the boot disk, which is another SSD). After Windows 10 reset, whenever I turn the PC on, the lights go on, then off, then on again and everything proceeds normally. Everything is in good working order and well-maintained, and it wasn’t doing this earlier this afternoon before I reset the OS and swapped out the secondary hard drive.

I checked cables and reseated RAM, GPU etc, everything seems solid and it’s still doing it. All I did was swap the drive and reset the OS. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Solution
Hi, Not sure about the issue, but here's what I'd try: disconnect all components but CPU and CPU cooler. Start the board and see if same restart.
If no restart, power off, add a component and test again. A.s.o.

TommyServo

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016

Thank you, I will try this.

I'm decently experienced with PC troubleshooting, but not an expert by any means, and I've been fortunate enough to never have run into any strange issues with the three systems I've built til now.

If this isn't something that's readily fixed by going component by component, would you happen to know if this brief power loss is harmful for the system?

Thanks again!