[SOLVED] PC BSOD need help please

Jan 7, 2021
Hey everyone, So my PC started BSOD a couple mouths ago only when I am playing games (well I think its only happening on one game but I rarely play other game and I don't remember getting a BSOD for other game and sometime any game just crash with no BSOD )

I have try a lots of things like windows memory test memtest86 ( no errors found ) driver verifier I have reinstall widows and nothing work now I am lost and do not know why I am still having BSOD If someone can help I will really appreciate that you.

System Information (local)

Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 8664, level: 23
12 logical processors, active mask: 4095
RAM: 17089822720 bytes (15.9GB)
GPU: GTX 950
PSU: antec neoeco 610w 80bronze +
SSD: kingston A400 480gb

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

On Thu 2021-01-07 5:29:44 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010721-4859-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5780)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFA60BA5CC37E0, 0xFFFFA60BA5CC3738, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!setjmpex+0x8299)
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 2021-01-07 4:50:23 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010721-7187-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0xFFF)

On Mon 2021-01-04 10:51:40 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010421-5203-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x61941, 0x7FFBF8ED77A6, 0x1D, 0xFFFFFC0BE31F0B00)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).

On Fri 2021-01-01 11:38:59 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010121-5515-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x200, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8055F5191DE)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

On Sat 2020-12-26 5:32:27 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122620-5593-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xC9, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8030746585C)
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

Conclusion

6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Last edited:
Solution
i don't suggest blind replacement as it can get expensive long before its fixed. I have seen people replace almost everything and its that 1 part they didn't replace that was cause. So no, that isn't funny.

if it makes you feel better, lots of people have been getting same BSOD recently and I am getting tired of seeing them.

we haven't really looked at hardware, all the fixes mostly suggested so far are software fixes.

Memory
if you go to the G Skill memory finder, search for your motherboard and narrow down search to sets of 2 x 8gb and 3200 speed, they didn't test any ram that has your rams scores
the ram sticks are either 16-16-16-35, 16-16-16-39, or 18-18-18-43

Gskill search - link

So if you going to...

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you go to C:\Windows\Minidump\
  • copy that file to documents
  • upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  • and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem
i will forward them to a friend so he can convert them.

Jan 7, 2021

Thanks you Colif well sorry I don't know why I can only upload the minidump folder and not the files to onedrive and it say I don't have permission to zip the files

BartPC24

Reputable
May 22, 2020
Hey everyone, So my PC started BSOD a couple mouths ago only when I am playing games (well I think its only happening on one game but I rarely play other game and I don't remember getting a BSOD for other game and sometime the game just crash with no BSOD )

I have try a lots of things like windows memory test memtest86 ( no errors found ) driver verifier I have reinstall widows and nothing work now I am lost and do not know why I am still having BSOD If someone can help I will really appreciate that you.

System Information (local)

Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 8664, level: 23
12 logical processors, active mask: 4095
RAM: 17089822720 bytes (15.9GB)
GPU: GTX 950
PSU: antec neoeco 610w 80bronze +
SSD: kingston A400 480gb

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010721-4859-01.dmp

crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!setjmpex+0x8299)

On Thu 2021-01-07 4:50:23 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010721-7187-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0xFFF)

On Mon 2021-01-04 10:51:40 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010421-5203-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x61941, 0x7FFBF8ED77A6, 0x1D, 0xFFFFFC0BE31F0B00)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).

On Fri 2021-01-01 11:38:59 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010121-5515-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x200, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8055F5191DE)

On Sat 2020-12-26 5:32:27 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122620-5593-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xC9, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8030746585C)

Conclusion

6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Hello,

Can you run any temperature monitor, and post results here, as a screenshot ?. I think that might be the problem, even if its fairly new equipment. Are you using stock AMD CPU cooler, or you have something like beQuiet or else ? Hopefully well manage to resolve the issue.

BR,

BartPC24

Jan 7, 2021
Hey BartPC24 thanks yes I am using the AMD stock cooler. I was monitoring my temp a lots event in game recently and while I was playing the temp was between 45-70
pretty stable in game and peak in the loading but I have never saw the temps just before a BSOD. Could it be GPU temp?Because its pretty old and its running quit hot like 75 and the temp limit is like 80 on MSI afterburner the CPU rarely hit 70.

https://prnt.sc/witc33

Jan 7, 2021
Hello,

Can you run any temperature monitor, and post results here, as a screenshot ?. I think that might be the problem, even if its fairly new equipment. Are you using stock AMD CPU cooler, or you have something like beQuiet or else ? Hopefully well manage to resolve the issue.

BR,

BartPC24

Hey this is my temp while playing today just before the game crash no BSOD the CPU temp was 50 and peak to 58 before crash then I have reloaded the game and was in the menu...

https://prnt.sc/wj90lp

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/fonx1gwr/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:010721-7187-01.dmp (Jan 7 2021 - 16:50:23)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: EscapeFromTarkov.exe)
Uptime:3 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 57 Min(s), and 33 Sec(s)

File information:010721-4859-01.dmp (Jan 7 2021 - 17:29:44)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 36 Sec(s)

File information:010421-5203-01.dmp (Jan 4 2021 - 10:51:40)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 8 Hour(s), 19 Min(s), and 05 Sec(s)

File information:010121-5515-01.dmp (Jan 1 2021 - 23:38:59)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 13 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 34 Sec(s)

File information:122620-5593-01.dmp (Dec 26 2020 - 17:32:27)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Uptime:4 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 16 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS/
There are BIOS updates available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

SM/Madao

Great
Jul 2, 2020
Tarkov? There a rumor the game consuming large amount of Memory. Probably try Uninstall the game for while.

(Or it is BSOD just happen for this game?)
If that the case, is advisable to test out other game at least 2 to 3 different game.

Otherwise there 2 RAM Stick are attach. I be suggesting to try run Window normal with just 1 Stick.

Jan 7, 2021
Tarkov? There a rumor the game consuming large amount of Memory. Probably try Uninstall the game for while.(Or it is BSOD just happen for this game?)

Otherwise there 2 RAM Stick are attach. I be suggesting to try run Window normal with just 1 Stick.

Yes tarkov but too night I was playing overwatch and the game keep crashing every 45mins-1 hours no BSOD.. The BSOD are very random too it was not everyday like when I diabled XMP it took 20 days before it BSOD and now I feel it happening way more often like the crash when im playing overwatch but when im not playing game everything is fine its not slow or BSOD or anything...

SM/Madao

Great
Jul 2, 2020
-Probably run benchmark for GPU next(for Overwatch crash). Else all BSOD is merely related to Tarkov so far.

Other suggestion:
-Test with Single Stick RAM (BSOD related test)
-Reupdate DirectX (since most of game run on this)
-Up to date GPU Driver(or even Downgrade it if possible, since you did update it on Dec 11 2020 )
-Updating Memory Control/Chipset Driver from Mobo Manufacture Web.(there a new Update)

Jan 7, 2021
-Probably run benchmark for GPU next(for Overwatch crash). Else all BSOD is merely related to Tarkov so far.

Other suggestion:
-Test with Single Stick RAM (BSOD related test)
-Reupdate DirectX (since most of game run on this)
-Up to date GPU Driver(or even Downgrade it if possible, since you did update it on Dec 11 2020 )
-Updating Memory Control/Chipset Driver from Mobo Manufacture Web.(there a new Update)

Thanks for the help SM/Madao,
-Updating Memory Control/Chipset Driver from Mobo Manufacture Web.(there a new Update) the AMD chipset driver ? I got the latest version from AMD website 2.10.13.408
Where do I update the DirectX ?

Colif

Win 11 Master
They all happened in virtual memory. Since you checked the memory already, try running a scan on the ssd
kingston A400 480gb
not sure if this has any tests - https://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/ssdmanager
most ssd testing software just checks speed, not health.

no sign in the crash dumps point towards GPU, they all very similar, apart from fact they all happened while Tarkov runs.
3 of the crashes happened just after a page fault. A page fault, despite its name, isn't an error. Its a normal action of any operating system that uses Virtual memory, like windows
Page faults happen when windows needs to get something from storage as its not currently in ram. Could be its loading a lvl or something in the game and the data it gets back isn't what it is expecting and crashes.

How full is your SSD ? Is it the only drive in your computer ?

If your SSD is full it's likely your issue is happening when Windows tries to access the system page file...indicating you need to either buy a bigger SSD or add a second one and set Windows to use the second drive for the system page file.

Jan 7, 2021
Otherwise , the Overwatch crash problem might be more related Insufficient RAM/Overheat/GPU Error.

Thanks for info. Tarkov crash + BSOD..
They all happened in virtual memory. Since you checked the memory already, try running a scan on the ssd

not sure if this has any tests - https://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/ssdmanager
most ssd testing software just checks speed, not health.

no sign in the crash dumps point towards GPU, they all very similar, apart from fact they all happened while Tarkov runs.
3 of the crashes happened just after a page fault. A page fault, despite its name, isn't an error. Its a normal action of any operating system that uses Virtual memory, like windows
Page faults happen when windows needs to get something from storage as its not currently in ram. Could be its loading a lvl or something in the game and the data it gets back isn't what it is expecting and crashes.

Hey thanks I have downloaded the kingston SSD manager and everything look fine for now I don't know if I need to run this program while playing game to see if errors will happen but I will check again after crash/BSOD

Health overview
Failures: none
Warning: none
Overall: healthy

How full is your SSD ? Is it the only drive in your computer ?

If your SSD is full it's likely your issue is happening when Windows tries to access the system page file...indicating you need to either buy a bigger SSD or add a second one and set Windows to use the second drive for the system page file.

Yes only one drive but 77.76 % free space.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021
Hey !

So I really wonder what are my option now. Last night I was playing Heartstone and I got an other BSOD... Is the only thing left a BIOS update ? because I am scare of the version 3001 and above apparently you can't not downgrade after you update and a lots of people reporting problem. I have contact Blizzard for the overwatch crash and they said :

• I see you have overclocking software installed. In this case lets return all settings to default and then remove the overclocking. When this error shows up it can be due to issues with Overclocking.
• I do see a few programs installed that can cause issues, in most cases these have Overlays which are the cause, in other cases it’s the program itself. Let's go ahead and disable the following programs: Discord RivaTuner
• You will want to run the following scans one at a time on your system. This will make sure there are no issues with hardware as well as the OS itself. Running ScanDisk & Defrag Repairing Windows system Files

I have try what they suggest and it dint work and now waiting for them to reply.. Thanks!

Jan 7, 2021
Hey guys so I was looking at the Memory QVL for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Processors X570 and I found my ram on the list but my ram have a different timing and on the sticker of the ram it say its for intel..

picture of my ram in the QVL : https://prnt.sc/wnlw2n timing: ( 18-18-18-38-1.35 )

timing of my ram: ( 16-18-18-38-1.35 )

Well I don't know if it could be the cause but feel it worth mentioning. Thanks!

Jan 7, 2021
Well, you have F4-3200C16-8GTZR according to bios but it has same timing as the 16TZR sets anyway - https://www.gskill.com/product/165/...BDDR4-3200MHz-CL16-18-18-38-1.35V16GB-(2x8GB)

So why would Asus test it at 18, makes me wonder if its a typing mistake. Can you run the ram at those timings?

No I have not try it yet, ill try this weekend. If it don't work will I still be able to go in the BIOS to reset the setting ?
So I wonder what should I do now lol do I need to RMA all the part if I don't know what part is the cause ?

TRENDING THREADS