Question PC BSoD's, then unable to boot

Feb 26, 2020
Yesterday, I was playing GTA:SA, then suddenly, the computer went and showed me the BSoD. Upon restarting there was only a black screen and the PC keeps making beeping noise. So I checked online and saw it said to be the RAM's fault. So I remove the RAM and put it back. But now, instead of beeping sounds, it somehow changed to whirring sounds, as if the fans are working very hard(the display was still black). This morning, I've been trying to diagnose the problem on my PC, like cleaning dust, plugging cables, checking the CPU and GPU and they seems to be fine. Right until now, my PC is still making whirring noise when I turn it on and the display shows a black scrren. Anyone knows what's happening?

My PC is a Dell Precision T3400 which I changed some of the parts to let me play some games.

P.S. A similar event happened a few months ago, that is, making whiring sounds and showing a black screen when booting up, I've also tried diagnosing it back then but nothing changed, and then the next day it work normally again.

electro_neanderthal

Respectable
Jan 22, 2018
Since the original beeps said the RAM was at fault, if you haven't already, I'd recommend checking each stick individually in the system, in each slot, to see if there's a dead stick or slot. If you only have one stick, see if you can borrow or buy a compatible stick that works for testing.

After that, or before, if you'd like, check out the PSU by either buying a tester, or borrowing a working one(PSU, that is): a failing power supply can cause a ton of random issues.

Getting your systems specs would help out more.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020
Since the original beeps said the RAM was at fault, if you haven't already, I'd recommend checking each stick individually in the system, in each slot, to see if there's a dead stick or slot. If you only have one stick, see if you can borrow or buy a compatible stick that works for testing.

After that, or before, if you'd like, check out the PSU by either buying a tester, or borrowing a working one(PSU, that is): a failing power supply can cause a ton of random issues.

Getting your systems specs would help out more.
I've already found the problem, it was a faulty GPU. Anyways, thanks for the reply.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS