pc build advice

Here is the list:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($179.96 @ Walmart)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($174.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($109.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($58.87 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC2 Video Card ($774.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.28 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.89 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($95.89 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Dell - S2716DGR 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor ($429.99 @ Best Buy)
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard ($89.99 @ Best Buy)
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse ($49.99 @ B&H)
Total: $2573.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-23 09:27 EDT-0400

More RGB touch. Better SSD. Better Monitor larger in size. Better PSU(Important). Better Keyboard and Mouse. If you don't need mouse remove it.

You can build as is.

I have some preferences which you may or may not like.

1. For a top end build, I would buy a top quality ssd. Likely a 500gb Samsung 960 m.2 pcie sd.
Yes, it will cost you double.

2. Unless you plan on storing large files such as videos, I would defer on the hard drive.
It is easy to add a hard drive later when you actually might need the space.
And, I would look to WD for a more reliable HDD.

3. NZXT is a good looking case with 161mm available for a cooler.
I would use a Noctua NH-D15s instead. It will cool equally well, cost less, be quieter, easier to install and will not leak
My canned rant on liquid cooling:
------------------------start of rant-------------------
You buy a liquid cooler to be able to extract an extra multiplier or two out of your OC.
How much do you really need?
I do not much like all in one liquid coolers when a good air cooler like a Noctua or phanteks can do the job just as well.
A liquid cooler will be expensive, noisy, less reliable, and will not cool any better
in a well ventilated case.
Liquid cooling is really air cooling, it just puts the heat exchange in a different place.
The orientation of the radiator will cause a problem.
If you orient it to take in cool air from the outside, you will cool the cpu better, but the hot air then circulates inside the case heating up the graphics card and motherboard.
If you orient it to exhaust(which I think is better) , then your cpu cooling will be less effective because it uses pre heated case air.
Past that, A AIO radiator complicates creating a positive pressure filtered cooling setup which can keep your parts clean.
And... I have read too many tales of woe when a liquid cooler leaks.
Google for AIO leaks to see what can happen.
While unlikely, leaks do happen.

I would support an AIO cooler primarily in a space restricted case.
If one puts looks over function, that is a personal thing; not for me though.
-----------------------end of rant--------------------------

Your pc will be quieter, more reliable, and will be cooled equally well with a decent air cooler.

Liquid cooling especially Corsair AIO have come a long way improving its Quality and Support. At-least for Corsair AIOs after the launch of V2 gen the leakage problem is solved never heard of leakage on new gen AIOs. That is the reason I recommend Corsair AIOs over other brands. I have seen AIOs leak the worst case is with CM, DeepCool and Thermaltake. But considering all AIOs having possibility of leak and having hate for all AIOs is not good. I do hate some Air Coolers because they are ugly looking and are pain to fit in. But that doesn't mean I am against all the Air Coolers.

javiermuro7

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017

i was looking at that build but what does this mean came up in the compatibly notes "The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled."

javiermuro7

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017

do you have any ideas for any fan coolers not sure how i feel about liquid ones

Aesthetically AIO is best suited for the build and there will be no leak if you stick with Corsair. I do Highly recommend Corsair AIO.

Air Cooler: Cryorig H5 Universal

But I highly recommend AIO for this build as Air cooler will make it look comparatively ugly. You will not face any problem with Corsair AIO.