Discussion PC build advice

Oct 24, 2020
Hello, I’ve never really done any PC building, just asked some of my friends for advice. I’d like to know if there are any changes you guys would do? I plan on using the PC mainly for playing FPS games (OW,R6S), some AAA games (AC Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077) and schoolwork. I have 2 lists from different friends. My budget is 2000$. Thank you very much in advance.

Hello, I’ve never really done any PC building, just asked some of my friends for advice. I’d like to know if there are any changes you guys would do? I plan on using the PC mainly for playing FPS games (OW,R6S), some AAA games (AC Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077) and schoolwork. I have 2 lists from different friends. My budget is 2000$. Thank you very much in advance.
I have just edited your build 1 go with a 2080 since 3000 series aren't available you can also go with liquid cooler like nzxt z63 or something similar in that case however thats gonna increase price remeber in the list below gpu price isn't added (just a heads up)
What i have changed;
I7 10700k - i9 10900k
Same Mobo but Atx form factor
16 gb 3200mhz to 32gb 3200mhz
250gb ssd to 500gb ssd

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y9RMZZ

Reactions: YoruDaito

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020
Stick to the first build, dont buy rtx 2070 or i5 10th gen [its good but you said you budget is 2k], get the i7 10th gen and rtx 3070, and get a liquid cooling for the cpu and like @jeffreygian360 said, get a bigger SSD.

Oct 24, 2020
I have just edited your build 1 go with a 2080 since 3000 series aren't available you can also go with liquid cooler like nzxt z63 or something similar in that case however thats gonna increase price remeber in the list below gpu price isn't added (just a heads up)
What i have changed;
I7 10700k - i9 10900k
Same Mobo but Atx form factor
16 gb 3200mhz to 32gb 3200mhz
250gb ssd to 500gb ssd

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y9RMZZ
Thank you so much, but i have one question why should i go for the 500gb ssd not 250gb ssd ?

OK and why would you change the Motherboard
My apologies for not explaining the changes i have done

You have a atx case,m-atx is a smaller in size and as it is small its a bit expensive, by how much $10 so if you want a small form factor pc get a m-atx case its not that you cannot put a m-atx Mobo in an atx case however it will look empty there's not a alot difference in the Mobo which you had selected in build 1 it's the same just bigger in size which gives you some more pci slot and all this at $10 less. Now about the gpu the only reason i told about a 2080 is due to the fact that they aren't available if you get awesome go with it. You already have got a reply for not getting a 250gb ssd. Also i have selected i9 as a cpu and with all this pc part picker also sums up the price close to $1300 so 3070 would be +$500 =1800 go ahead either with a water cooler with extra money or if you want air cooler stick with but add more case fan.

Oct 24, 2020
Hello, I´ve edited the Build 1 based on the replies.

Oct 24, 2020
My apologies for not explaining the changes i have done

You have a atx case,m-atx is a smaller in size and as it is small its a bit expensive, by how much $10 so if you want a small form factor pc get a m-atx case its not that you cannot put a m-atx Mobo in an atx case however it will look empty there's not a alot difference in the Mobo which you had selected in build 1 it's the same just bigger in size which gives you some more pci slot and all this at $10 less. Now about the gpu the only reason i told about a 2080 is due to the fact that they aren't available if you get awesome go with it. You already have got a reply for not getting a 250gb ssd. Also i have selected i9 as a cpu and with all this pc part picker also sums up the price close to $1300 so 3070 would be +$500 =1800 go ahead either with a water cooler with extra money or if you want air cooler stick with but add more case fan.
Ok thank you very much for explaining it to me. In my country the i9 cpu is too expensive for me so i will stick with the i7.

Last edited:
Ok thank you very much for explaining it to me. In my country the i9 cpu is too expensive for me so i will stick with the i7.
Yes you can go with i7, you can also consider and get a ryzen 9 3900x or the upcoming 5900x 12 core might seem alot but yes games will get there. When are you planning to get the pc though? If you are waiting then its ok since black friday is a month away but yes get the one which is available at the time you buy. If not get the i7.

Oct 24, 2020
Yes you can go with i7, you can also consider and get a ryzen 9 3900x or the upcoming 5900x 12 core might seem alot but yes games will get there. When are you planning to get the pc though? If you are waiting then its ok since black friday is a month away but yes get the one which is available at the time you buy.
Ok i will consider it, thank you.

Oct 24, 2020
Many modern games consume 16gb ram easily and gradually 20gb and more i have seen some live gameplay benchmark and that was in a clean pc as you do more task and you'll see the benefits of having 32gb ram. And in a 2k build.... Yea get 32gb it's not overkill.
ok thanks, would you recommend a monitor for this build ?