[SOLVED] PC Build - Are my Components Compatible?

jrwask

Prominent
Aug 26, 2019
Planning my first gaming computer on a $700 budget (not including monitor or Windows 10) and wanted some direction as to if these parts are a good fit or if I will have issues when I go to build. Any recommendations would be appreciated as I'm very new at this.

GPU: Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX 590 8GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard: MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen Micro-ATX Motherboard (B450M PRO-M2)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB
HDD: None
SSD: Crucial BX500 480GB
PSU: BitFenix Formula 80 Plus Gold Standard ATX PSU 550W BF-550G
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300

Extra:
Monitor: Acer KG241Q

Solution
Do you live near a MicroCenter?

Ignoring the MicroCenter potential, I'm coming in around $640 before tax for your list but with a better NVMe SSD and a 550W 80+ Gold PSU.

RX590 can do >144Hz in some games, especially if you don't run them at ULTRA settings. Get a 144Hz FreeSync monitor. LFC is very nice to have and 75Hz monitors won't have that. Have you laid eyes on a 27" 1080p monitor? Wondering what you think of the pixel density.

Here's a helpful site for looking up monitor specs

jrwask

Prominent
Aug 26, 2019
Thanks for your reply!

-At the tier I’m building is it worth it to invest in a gold rated PSU or should I go for a bronze?
-Ram Speed is 3200 Mhz
-Budget $700 USA
-Currently I’m playing Cities Skylines, Surviving Mars, and some Minecraft but would like the capability to run some AAA titles at 60-90 fps. If that is the case, is it worth spending the extra cash on a 144hz monitor for the lower tier games that could run at 144fps or should I stick with a 60 or 75 Hz monitor?
-I also would like the capability to stream/screen record and I’m not sure if that would affect the hardware/price point I’m after.

Do you live near a MicroCenter?

Ignoring the MicroCenter potential, I'm coming in around $640 before tax for your list but with a better NVMe SSD and a 550W 80+ Gold PSU.

RX590 can do >144Hz in some games, especially if you don't run them at ULTRA settings. Get a 144Hz FreeSync monitor. LFC is very nice to have and 75Hz monitors won't have that. Have you laid eyes on a 27" 1080p monitor? Wondering what you think of the pixel density.

Here's a helpful site for looking up monitor specs

Last edited:
Reactions: jrwask
Solution