PC Build Black Screen but was working

Aug 10, 2018
I currently have a major issue with my newly built PC. It worked for around a week, then suddenly shut down and black screened. We tested each component and it seemed to be the motherboard that went, returned the Asus motherboard (that we have BIOS update with AMD bootkit as well). This time I brought a Gigabyte B450M DS3H AM4 DDR4 mATX Motherboard thats Ryzen ready. We built it around my mates and it worked fine with the new motherboard, and after using it for 10 minutes at home it shuts down and black screens again (with all the components moving fine inside the case) . I try and boot again and it froze on the BIOS loading screen and now is black screening completely again, with the no signal to monitor issue. I am really stuck and worried now after spending a lot of money. I would greatly appreciate some help to get down to this issue.

Components I am using:

Gigabyte B450M DS3H AM4 DDR4 mATX Motherboard

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X 6-Core 19 MB Cache 95 W Wraith Spire Cooler - Black (I am using stock cooler and of course Thermal Paste is reapplied when taking CPU in/out).

Corsair CMK16GX4M1A2400C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4 2400 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit, Black

EVGA (04G-P4-6253-KR) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC (Single Fan) Gaming, 4GB GDDR5, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card

Samsung 500 GB 860 EVO M.2 Sata III Solid State Drive

Be Quiet BN272 PURE POWER 10 400 W Cooling Fan - Black

3x be quiet! Pure Wings BL046 3-Pin 120 mm Case Fan - Black

Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L Computer Case 'Magnetic Patterned Dust Filters, Modular I/O Panel, Window Side Panel' MCB-Q300L-KANN-S00

I have also ensured all connections are in fine. The RAM is in the correct slot and in fine. We tested PSU in an older computer which seemed to work fine. We only have one stick of 16GB RAM. It was also working fine, really strange its now done this twice.

Aug 10, 2018
I have a very simillar issue here. Have a Ryzen 7 1700x OC @ 3.8 Ghz with Scythe Mugen cooler. MSI B350 MATE and same Ram like you have plus GTX 1060. My OS is also on samsung evo 860 500gb.

Now I had it runing like butter since April and suddenly yesterday PC crashed for the first time ever. It crashed while rendering a video on premiere I might add.

Now the weird part is that when I turn the PC ON, I hear the all the case fans spin but monitors are black. This stays like that for EXACTLY 3 minutes until BIOS and then Windows 10 boots. Every time it's 3 minites. Tried 5 times already.

What also is weird that when in windows all works perfectly fine. But if I restart the PC it doesn't even boot at all! Waited for 15 minutes for 2 times.

So I went in and checked device manager and saw that my SSD had some problem and updating the drivers didn't help.

So I checked maybe my BIOS was out of date. So I did and it was in fact out of date. Updated it and it worked! I fixed it! Try updating BIOS!

Aug 10, 2018

I appreciate your reply. The issue is I can't get in at all now - it never boots up (just get the black screen no signal). I have tried leaving it on for 10 minutes and it just does its usual with a blank screen. Everything seems to be working fine (spinning and no red lights). Tried reconnecting the components for loose articles with no luck and also tried resetting the CHMOS. Really dont know what to do.

Aug 10, 2018
Just to confirm I can't even get a signal to the monitor. It used to work and it's now done this twice and had to replace the motherboard, then it works for a day or so and goes again.

Aug 10, 2018
My processor does not have integrated graphics. We tested the graphics card in another PC and it worked fine.

Aug 10, 2018
The whole situation is really strange. I plugged it in around my friends the PC Speaker gave 1 beep (which means successful post). But then froze on the windows loading screen, left it and it didn't do anything. Had to turn it off and then went back to its usual.

omegadoom13

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011

So no you can log into windows?
Start updating your drivers and bios

omegadoom13

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
Solution
Apr 28, 2019
The whole situation is really strange. I plugged it in around my friends the PC Speaker gave 1 beep (which means successful post). But then froze on the windows loading screen, left it and it didn't do anything. Had to turn it off and then went back to its usual.
I read through the whole thing and didn't understand the end.
What was the cause of the black screen and how did you resolve it?