Im trying to build a new PC.

CPU: i7-8700k
GPU: Nvidia GTX 760 (from old PC)
RAM: 16gb GEIL EVO 2400 DDR4
PSU: ANTEC NEO 520 Watts (from old PC)
MB: Z370 Board mATX
SSD from old PC

I will back it up with a UPS.

Im gonna use it for 4-6 android emulators running simultaniously.

1. Will my video card slow down that task?
2. Is my PSU sufficient?
3. What UPS do I need in order to keep the PC + 23.8 screen running for around 5 minutes
4. Is there a cheaper alternative in CPU/MB combo?

Cheers,

Lukas

Solution
1 I imagine your video card would be fine running 4-6 android emulators.
2 Most definitely... you won't won't hit even 400 watts full tilit unless you install a power sucking graphics card
3 Regarding the UPS... how long it will run depends on your computer power consumption during a power loss and the capacity of the batteries. There are power calculators on the internet to help you calculate power consumption by selecting what parts you have in your computer. For a ballpark reference, my overclcoked rig with a GTX 1060 and 2 large monitors idles around 90 watts and consumes about 320 watts when CPU and GPU are maxed out. Generally, though I think just about any UPS that is big enough to power your computer during a power outage...

danthemanoz

Great
May 15, 2018
1 I imagine your video card would be fine running 4-6 android emulators.
2 Most definitely... you won't won't hit even 400 watts full tilit unless you install a power sucking graphics card
3 Regarding the UPS... how long it will run depends on your computer power consumption during a power loss and the capacity of the batteries. There are power calculators on the internet to help you calculate power consumption by selecting what parts you have in your computer. For a ballpark reference, my overclcoked rig with a GTX 1060 and 2 large monitors idles around 90 watts and consumes about 320 watts when CPU and GPU are maxed out. Generally, though I think just about any UPS that is big enough to power your computer during a power outage will probably give you more like 10 minutes of running time (until a few years when the batteries need replacing).
4 If you are hard up for $, you could go an i5. The 8 series i5 processors (Coffee lake) have 6 cores like the i7-8700K and each core goes nearly as fast. Don't look at raw GHz for speed differences though as that can be misleading. Look at other benchmarks such as https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html... which are more indicative of performance/less misleading ;-) Of course you would only go to i5 if you are hard up for $... otherwise i7-8700K would be obvious choice without needing to sell one of your kidneys :)

Solution