PC build check please :D

LoLlYdE

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
Hey guys,
since I want to enter PC gaming at a graphicly high point (can you say it like this? :D) and got a budget of around 1400€ (~1900$ MAXIMUM, I wanna stay below that; monitor, keyboard and mouse MUST be within that budget) I just wanted to ask you guys if my build is a little bit OP, if its parts are even good to go together and what monitor, mouse and keyboard I should buy.
First of all, my goal is to play games like BF3, maybe later BF4, Planetside 2, Crysis 3 and other costly games on (preferred, but not necessary) the highes possible settings (config.ini tweaks included) AND not to have to upgrade within the next few years (as long as nothing breaks ;) )
The parts I have picked YET:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H

CPU: Intel i7 4770K (I chose the K in case I ever need or want to overclock)

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Windforce 3X OC (just one not three, just to prevent misunderstandings)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x 4GB DDR3 1600

CPU cooler: at first I wanna go with the stock cooler, but (if I need to) I wanna go with the Scythe
Ashura ( can anyone tell me if it will even fit in there?..)

PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 650W ATX 2.4 (is this OK or too much?)

With the case I am not sure, suggestions are very appreciated, but I kinda wanna go with the Zalman Z9 (with USB 3.0 ports and a window), as I like the design :p

No need for an OS, and if I calculated it correctly I am currently at ~1100€ (~1500$) according to the website I am checking the prices (geizhals.de).

And btw: it would be really nice if the parts would fit together by color, althoug this doesnt actually affect the decisions that had been made/will be made.

Thanks in advance for any tipps or suggestions to save some money (I need to buy games too haha) and sorry for any type of mistake here, since I am no native english and thus it might be not so good :p

LINKS HERE (in case anyone needs them)

Solution
Here is something for your budget

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (€190.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 54.4 CFM CPU Cooler (€59.90 @ Caseking)
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (€132.49 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (€76.90 @ Caseking)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (€72.35 @ Pixmania DE)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€53.76 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card:...

maurelie

Honorable
If it is only for gaming, i would get i5 4670k. i7 4770k is just pointless for gaming and the hypertherading features on the i7 will not give you any benefit in gaming. Also i would change the PSU and get something like Corsair (avoid CX units), XFX, Antec or SeaSonic. As for such expensive parts, i would't even look at Zalman cases. Get something with better cooling, modular HDD cages, room for radiators, rubber grommets, and internal usb 3.0. conectors.

maurelie

Honorable
Here is something for your budget

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (€190.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 54.4 CFM CPU Cooler (€59.90 @ Caseking)
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (€132.49 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (€76.90 @ Caseking)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (€72.35 @ Pixmania DE)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€53.76 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 290 4GB Video Card (€426.06 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case (€99.90 @ Caseking)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (€87.90 @ Caseking)
Monitor: Asus VX238H 23.0" Monitor (€151.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Keyboard: A4Tech G800V Wired Gaming Keyboard (€28.38 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Mouse: Cooler Master CM Storm Xornet Wired Optical Mouse (€28.64 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €1409.06
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-03 18:58 CET+0100)

Solution

LoLlYdE

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
Yes, you could be right, now as I am comparing these two I notice only slight differences. Am I overlooking something?
And for the PSU: 650 Watts is fine, or should i change that too?
AAAND I have like no idea what the big difference between cases are, so I would really appreciate it if you could tell me wich to buy..

LoLlYdE

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
Oh okay i didnt refresh the page and couldnt see your parts suggestion...
I really wanna go with Nvidia with the Graphics card, as I personally "learned" about their cards and kinda dislike AMD (dont know why, I just.....dont like it) and a friend of mine is really an Nvidia pro (in case of softwarewise, overclocking and so on) so i would really like to stay with Nvidia..
for the rest: thanks, and I completely forgot the storage (douh)

maurelie

Honorable
I had to change the GTX 780, so i added R9 290, which in therms of performance is almost as same as the GTX780, but it was more expensive. At such expensive system, you need good case that will serve you now and in the future to install newer parts. Plus it has more coolers, so the inside of the system will be cool, has more space for upgrades, such as fitting bigger graphics cards, adding more HDD and SSD, supports bigger air coolers, and can fit radiators for liquid cooling, and i don't know if you saw the NZXT 410 but it looks pretty damn good. 650w is fine, even if you overclock the CPU and the GPU.

LoLlYdE

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
Yes, you're right, the case really looks awsome...and it is within my range, so I'll go with that one
and I just checked the cards: the gtx 780 (the one I linked) costs actually 10€ less, so I could go with that one too, cant I?

LoLlYdE

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
What exactly do you mean by "high quality parts"? Because I watched several reviews of the gigabyte board and with no exeption everyone said that boad is a very good one, and one of them tried to...like...."break" it by extreme overclocking (thus heat production) and let benchmarks run for hours several times and it is still working (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqcLIkdiJoE I think he is a reliable source in term of parts review, please tell me if i'm wrong)