[SOLVED] PC Build Complications

May 28, 2020
Built my first PC and I’m running into quite a few complications. I can’t seem to find the root of the problem and due to my inexperience I wanted to get some better insight.

-AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 8-core 16 thrd unlockd
-Crucial ballistic 3200mhz ddr4 DRAM 16gb gaming
-WD_black sn750 1tb nvme gaming ssd m.2
-thermlatake toughpower gx2 80+ gold 600w
-tuf gaming x570 plus WiFi mobo
-evga GeForce rtx 2070 super KO gaming
-thermal take v250 case (motherboard plugged in)

List of problems...
  1. motherboard shows led boot failure on VGA sometimes during boot process
  2. Restart and shutdown take approx 10+ mins sometimes
  3. Can’t install chip set driver because halts at 50%
  4. Sometimes I can’t enter uefi boot menu sometimes (turned off fast start, still doesn’t work)
  5. Sometimes when I shutdown the monitor will go black and computer will continue to run.
it’s hard to pinpoint because everything happens SOMETIMES. Things I have done to remedy...erased disks and installed windows 10 64x home. Had the VGA led and beeps trouble when doing this process although still installed. One thing I beleive could have hurt everything is on my very first install of windows (prior to this one) I used driver booster to update my drivers. Noticed problems after but can’t remedy even after deleting all data. Bios is at 1407 (so says the uefi interface)

update: I have currently completely wiped everything and reinstalled windows 10 home 64. Awaiting any advice on the next steps. I beleive the issue is drivers considering all equipment is new.

being new I’m curious as the best practices for installing drivers. Looks like I’m running into GPU driver issues before I can even install my mobo drivers. So confused and need help!

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks! Actually I do have a 650w and yeah this thing is beast for just about anything I could use it for. Thanks for the links!

Problem solved:
Did a complete disc wipe and reinstalled windows 10 fresh. First turned off antivirus and firewalls (this led to a lot of driver install problems in the past and seemed to be a large part of my problems now) downloaded all the drivers for my specific motherboard to give it stability in order to progress to the other drivers. Next I used GeForce experience to update my GPU, then I let windows update do the rest. Rebooted when told to do so.

what caused my problems: 1. allowing a third party software like driver booster to install my drivers for me. 2. Not turning off virus/firewall first...
May 28, 2020
Thanks! Actually I do have a 650w and yeah this thing is beast for just about anything I could use it for. Thanks for the links!

Problem solved:
Did a complete disc wipe and reinstalled windows 10 fresh. First turned off antivirus and firewalls (this led to a lot of driver install problems in the past and seemed to be a large part of my problems now) downloaded all the drivers for my specific motherboard to give it stability in order to progress to the other drivers. Next I used GeForce experience to update my GPU, then I let windows update do the rest. Rebooted when told to do so.

what caused my problems: 1. allowing a third party software like driver booster to install my drivers for me. 2. Not turning off virus/firewall first thing. 3. Make sure to use a password when you first install because being in safe mode with no password is a pita.

Reactions: GarrettL
Solution