PC Build Component Compatibility

Nov 12, 2018
I am planning on building a PC using the following parts and was wondering if all these parts are compatible:

AMD FX-8350 Professor
Gigabyte - GA -970A-DS3P
Palit GTX 770
MX330 Mid Tower Case
Corsair CXM 550W Power Supply

It’s not supposed to be a great PC and I have no intentions of overclocking but if there are any alternative parts that would be better for the same sort of price then I’d love to know!

Solution
Use https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ it will help you pick parts and see compatibility.

AMD FX is not good for gaming. It would be better to go with an entry-level Ryzen 3. Except I didn't see you post any system RAM. I suspect you already have DDR3 RAM?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($97.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg Business)
Total: $242.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-12 21:40...
Use https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ it will help you pick parts and see compatibility.

AMD FX is not good for gaming. It would be better to go with an entry-level Ryzen 3. Except I didn't see you post any system RAM. I suspect you already have DDR3 RAM?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($97.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg Business)
Total: $242.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-12 21:40 EST-0500

Solution

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
wouldn't know about what better you could get for price since the motherboard isn't listed as purchasable by PCPP I wouldn't know where you're getting it from and for how much.

We don't know where you're getting any of the components from so we can't know how much you're spending on this system and therefore cannot suggest parts based on price.

Can tell you though that everything you've listed should work fine together though without compatibility issues.