[SOLVED] PC build/ Component Upgrading

Feb 2, 2019
Hi all,
So my pc can currently run most big games at 60 fps but sometimes lags with super demanding stuff so I'm wanting to upgrade some parts or make some additions to it. My current specs are:
-Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
-SanDisk SSD PLUS 480GB
-Seagate 2TB BarraCuda SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive
-AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler
-MSI Gaming AMD Ryzen B350 DDR4 VR Ready HDMI USB 3 ATX Motherboard
-MasterBox Pro 5 RGB ATX Mid-Tower with 3 x 120mm RGB Fans, Tempered Glass Side Panel
-EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti SC GAMING 08G-P4-5671-KR 8GB
-EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G3, 220-G3-0550-Y1, 80+ GOLD, 550W Fully Modular
I kinda want to make my pc beefier so I'm wondering where I should upgrade first or if its even worth adding on to my build. I'm also a bit worried about cooling and I'm not really sure how to make it better when I have 4 fans in the case. I wouldn't be opposed to a new case, especially if I need to get more parts.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
I really don't think your gpu is facing a performance limit in that resolution and refresh rate.

I would wait for the ryzen 3000 series to look for an upgrade.

But honestly though the 2600X should be fine with normal multitasking, can you explain in detail about the lags in your super demanding stuff?
Feb 2, 2019

Its 1920x1080 and refresh rate is 60hz. I forgot to mention I have a dual monitor setup and the second monitor has the same specs but I mostly use it for homework and other stagnant screens since I noticed screen tearing if I play a game on my main and watch youtube on that monitor at the same time.

I really don't think your gpu is facing a performance limit in that resolution and refresh rate.

I would wait for the ryzen 3000 series to look for an upgrade.

But honestly though the 2600X should be fine with normal multitasking, can you explain in detail about the lags in your super demanding stuff?

Solution