Question PC build / components for Apex Legends

Mar 11, 2019
Hi guys,
I've been out of the loop for ages with the latest tech (I'm still running a Z77X-UP7, 3770K and GTX 970). I didn't expect to ever bother to build a new rig and I rarely gamed, until I recently started playing Apex Legends!

So, could you regulars please let me know what I should be building now to make the most of the latest tech? I will be on a budget but if you could tell me the latest socket set, CPU, ideal memory and GPU I should be going for - I could start looking.

I'm guessing something like an Asus ROG gaming motherboard? I'm completely out of the loop with tech and don't know much about which is the latest.
I'd appreciate a heads up for building something very relevant for gaming today.

I don't mind if it's based off of Intel or AMD. I guess it depends on reputation and results for FPS in games.
Oh, and I also need an ethernet port on the motherboard, not WiFi.

Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks!

I'm also using this as a guide: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/motherboard-buying-guide,5682.html

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019
Thanks for asking. That's a good question. I'm 50 and I wanted to have a good system to help me out as much as possible. However, I see that the top gamers are using hardware like ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core i9-9900K, Team T-Force Xcalibur RGB 32 GB DDR4 4000MHz, 970 EVO M.2 SSD and ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, plus a decent gaming monitor. Of course it's an investment and lifestyle for some of them

This is a reality check for me! I wanted to have the best advantage for my age (the mind and reaction times slow down as we get older) but I simply can't afford that kind of hardware right now.

I never have been that great of a gamer and certainly don't expect to be a top player, but I at least wanted to play on a level playing field as far as hardware is concerned. I'm going to have to wait for now.

Bummer. If I had the cash, I'd splash out that much right now. I suppose most of us would. Apex Legends is so cool. I wonder if games decide teams based on hardware and not just skill. Thanks for your time.

TRENDING THREADS