Build Advice PC build composition/compatibility question/affirmation

lolokaa

Reputable
May 4, 2019
Hi,

I am planning a build and I think I have done fairly thorough research, but just in case I may have missed something, I would appreciate your insight (and opinion) on the build composition and potential compatibility issues. I have attempted to find a good balance between pure performance, low thermality and low noise.

The build so far looks like this:

Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 w/ NF-A14 case fans
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium TX 850W or 1000W
MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X w/ Le Grand Macho RT cooler (Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste)
SSD: WD Black SN850 1TB
GPU: Undecided, 3080/90 vs RX 6000-series
RAM: G.skill TridentZ 2x8gb 3200mhz 14cl (kept from previous build)

Any feedback appreciated -- especially anyone with experience and/or knowledge on these particular components.

Kind regards,

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2021
Recently I purchased an upgrade for my Asus M5a99fx board from 4x4 to 8x4 ddr 3 to try and max it out at 32gb. Part of the reason I purchased the ram was the fact it was a kit where my current setup is 2 different types of 4gb modules but still running in dual channel. I got Gskill Sniper F3-=1866C10Q-32GSR for a decent price. I have not been able to get the ram to work, however , in any way. The 2 strange things are as follows 1. I currently have 2 x4 gb sticks of Gskill Sniper cl9 ram running in the system with no issues. 2. The northbridge recongnizes the 8gb sticks and even will allow me to attempt to use their XMP profiles but if I do not have another stick of my old ram in the system it will not post at all. In addition windows sees the new ram also but again it is unusable. I have flashed the bios several times cleared the battery more than once attempted detection with the dram button on the board. Im thinking the ram might be damaged but what are the odds all 4 sticks would be? Im just trying to make sure I covered all my bases before I return them and buy something else. My system is AMDFX 9590 (Yes, it is running stable) Running at 4800 mhz @ 1.45 Vcore on Asus M5a99fx board with 1tb hybrid SSD/HD (Seagate) Geforce 1060 6gb card and 16 gb of ddr 3 running dual channel and an old Soundblaster Titanium HD sound card. Any hints or tricks anyone has up the sleeve would be much appreciated. The only difference aside from the 4gb to 8gb I notice on my current Sniper sticks is the 4gb are GBSR and the 8gb are just GSR? I am running Win 10 64 version 20H2

Last edited:

aamitabh

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Hi,

I am planning a build and I think I have done fairly thorough research, but just in case I may have missed something, I would appreciate your insight (and opinion) on the build composition and potential compatibility issues. I have attempted to find a good balance between pure performance, low thermality and low noise.

The build so far looks like this:

Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 w/ NF-A14 case fans
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium TX 850W or 1000W
MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X w/ Le Grand Macho RT cooler (Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste)
SSD: WD Black SN850 1TB
GPU: Undecided, 3080/90 vs RX 6000-series
RAM: G.skill TridentZ 2x8gb 3200mhz 14cl (kept from previous build)

Any feedback appreciated -- especially anyone with experience and/or knowledge on these particular components.

Kind regards,
How did your build go? Also, which way was the power supply facing?